1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[David Alridge]: Lakers want Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fya, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Seems like David Aldrich needed to whip up a story to hit a deadline. Could have pulled it from any 'Yao is leaving for x team in 2007' thread on any NBA messageboard on the internet.

Also, the Kiss of Death referance gave me chills. Best moment in Rockets history, IMO. And it reminded me of why I can't stand the Suns. It seems everyone I have ever met from Phoenix has that 'Holier than thou' attitude. Blech.

J.

2. pcheung

pcheung Member

Good catch, I looked it up. From 30 mill this year down to a paltry 16 mill next year to be built back up to the 30 mill/yr when he's 34 yrs old.

I do love KG, maybe we should dump Yao in his prime in order to avoid over paying. OK, let's trade Spoon, Ward, Vin Baker, and Moochie for KG.

Wait, how's that knee again?

3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

That's what I was thinking. Warriors fans must be mad now. They were the ones the articles talked about making a run at Yao, but that all stopped when Shaq landed in Miami.
    --------------------------------
    wow, some laker fans are giving this thread a five star rating

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Yao is going to stay in Houston!

We love the big guy!

The only way Yao would leave Houston is if they don't offer him maybe the max (which they will) or they trade him (which they won't)

T-Mac and Yao are going to be teammates for a long time! sorry LA fans

#124 KaiSeR SoZe, Mar 18, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  5. matthe

matthe Member

Given the fact that Yao's parents just opened restaurant in Houston, I hardly believe that Yao may leave here. Yao's paraent need him to deliver the food.

6. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah.. I wanna see Yao riding his custom bicycle along Westheimer..

8. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

The best reason why Yao will stay, it explain all !:D LOL

9. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

vlaurelio.... if you can rationize with edc about ANYTHING related to JVG or Yao - I will personnally get your back, the next time anyone tries to go noob on you ;)

go get him VL .... there can be only one !
    [​IMG]

10. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

Why is Houston thought of as a "small market" we heard it over and over with Beltran and ESPN always calls Houston a small market. Since when does being the 3rd largest city mean small market I never have understood that BS.

11. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

12 Stoner,

Just a thought...but maybe the notion has something to do with market share. We have MLB, NFL, NBA, soccer, hockey, etc. That's a lot of competition.

I am living in S.A. right now, which has the smallest market in the NBA. BUT it doesn't really have any competiton. Say one word bad about the Spurs at a bar during a game and some drunk ass dude will try to fight you. Trust me. I told some guy that Nash to me is the hands-down MVP this year and he threw a fit. Spurs fans don't have anything else to be excited about, I guess.

-P1st, S2nd

12. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

its the 4th largest city and the 15th or 9th largest market

remember markets like Dallas are bigger (since it's all of the metroplex)

13. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

Houston is #11 and LA is #2 with regard to media market, so it's small relative to NY, LA and Chicago.

14. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I assume you were being ironic.

15. adai

adai Member

Houston maybe a big market, but may not be a big enough NBA market. According to ESPN's NBA attendance stats
    Houston ranked No 24 with 15,697/game, even worse than Clippers.
    I am surprised DA didn't mention attendance as one of the reasons Yao will bolt.

16. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

It explains nothing.
    Jordan had a restaurant in Chicago.

But he will stay.

17. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I'd be willing to bet Houston would be a larger market if it weren't for the Gulf. All of the tv stations signals are wasted out to sea, where Dallas is surrounded by land.
    Then again, Houston might not be Houston if it weren't for the Gulf, so scratch that. :)

18. Deepsouth

Deepsouth Member

I want a ring.:D :D

19. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Yao doesn't like change. He'll stay.

20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

All this talk is getting stupid and old...all these writers have to stir up something and get the wheels moving...doesn't mean he is going anywhere...he will be signed to the MAX before the season even starts next year..of course all these teams will court him here and there but it's just a waste of time for them.