1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[David Alridge]: Lakers want Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fya, Mar 18, 2005.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I don't Yao wants to be in that position anyway.. He does not want to be seen by Francis et al as having "blessed" the trade..

Yao is a thoughtful guy so I'm not surprised with him saying nice words to Rudy & Steve et al..

Is that all you have to prove that Yao is not happy with the Rockets?

2. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Sorry if I'm making a rooky mistake. If your not kidding, then let me remind you about "The Kiss of Death" written by the Houston Rockets with a special contribution by Mario Elie.

3. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

Yes I can see how unhappy Yao is to be playing with T-mac. You can just see him holding back big croccodile tears for his former team members. And in the end he will make sure the Rockets pay for their horrible treatment of Yao and total disregard for his delicate...

... I m sorry it's sooo hard to continue typing. I am feeling the weight and anguish in Yao's heart. With every WIN with the newly formed team we all know Yao hears the echo of his former team members, and this WINNING only makes him more and more unhappy.

:rolleyes:

What a load of CRRRAAPPP. You mean to tell me that with EVERY accomodation we have made with him in mind, that Yao is going to be soo vindictive and full of hate that he is just going somewhere else? I seriously doubt it.

edc, if you are basing this on actual fact that Yao is leaving please feel free to post it

Do I know for a fact that he will sign with the Rockets? No.

Do you know for a fact that he is not going to sign with the Rockets? If you do please post the evidence.

edc, do you want Yao to stay with the Rockets? Or are you a "Glass if half empty" kind of person.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I would have been more worried about Yao leaving if we would have kept Rudy, Francis, and co. around when Yao became a free agent. We most likely would still be a team struggling in mediocrity. Now we have a fun, exciting team that plays basketball the way it's supposed to be played. Yao won't leave that.

Also, if he left his parent's restaraunt would be burned to the ground.... by me.

5. yaomania

yaomania Contributing Member

As a member of the Rockets organization, I'm just going to say: You're wrong. You're wrong. You're wrong. And You're partially wrong.

But thanks for speaking on behalf of the company.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

if you hate the rockets so G*ddamn much, what the hell are you still doing here??? your comments go beyond lunacy and straight into idiocy. you make an absurd comment, then try to prove it with quotes that are not only several years old (even though you tried to play that card too), they're also taken out of context.

look man, we're playing GREAT F*CKIN BASKETBALL and all you do is b**** and b**** about the most ridiculous things. nothing would make you happier than watching the rockets lose (so you can blame JVG) and seeing Yao leave (so you tell everyone you told us so).

you are not a fan, you're a TROLL and a POSER.

----------------------------

edc sucks.

7. edc

edc Contributing Member

Who said "Yao is not happy with the Rockets?" All I said is that the Rockets have not done much "above and beyond" to engender his loyalty. Not that he will bolt, or that he strongly desires to leave the organization, but that the possibility exists.

8. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Can I light the fire. ppllEEAAASSSE. Can I? Can I? Only if he leaves. This isn't blackmail is it? If it is then I take it back.

9. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

i understand you don't like what he has to say, but dont say he sucks or call him an idiot.

10. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

play along with Kobe is not good for Yao, just like Odom.

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

If you would like to know edc's position on things, read the "Fire Gundy" thread, or the "my two cents on the BBS and the team" thread. He is simply anti-JVG from the beginning, never gave him the benefit of the doubt, and he simply dislikes the guy regardless of his performance. How else do you explain the fact that he refuses to upgrade his sig from few months back or that he uses outdates quotes that are out of context?

It is ok edc, we all know how you feel;)

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

My source says that the Lakers intend to do a sign/trade. They'll pick up coach Jackson and then immediately trade him to Houston for JVG.

This way Yao can keep his coach when he goes to LA.

13. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Les? I knew it!!!

14. edc

edc Contributing Member

Parody of DavidS sig, which is older than the one in question.

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

This in essence is Yao's "contract Year" - and it couldn't get better (at least so far).

July 2005, Yao's signs a 5 year contract extention with HOU ROX through the 2009-2010 season. (As will be required [very likely] by the new CBA - 5 year max for players re-signing with their team and 4 for players signing with a new team).

:)

16. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Portland had a chance to get Sabonis during his hay day but they didn't because they didn't want to make any concessions. From what I heard, Sobonis was bad@$$ in his younger days. He could have been one of the best centers in the league. But we can't see that now....Why? Because the Trailblazers didn't want to make any concessions.

17. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I second that notion

18. rvpals

rvpals Member

I think if Yao wants to go to Phoenix, I'm sure the owner is going to get rid of D'Antonio in a heartbeat.

19. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Don't let edc get to you guys, he does it in every single thread. He likes to provoke response, not debate the facts.

20. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

Isn't that the definition of a troll?