1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[David Alridge]: Lakers want Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fya, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Faos,

Yao would be a restricted free agent. That just means that the Rocks have the right of first refusal. There are no guarantees. And Yao is really an 18 and 9 guy. We could conceivably get that via free agency. There are a lot of variables to consider. I wouldn't bank on Yao staying put. But God knows I'd like to see him retire as a Rocket.

-P1st, S2nd

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! You guys are silly:D

Yao ain't going nowhere, guaranteed! He will be here, T-Mac will be here, and Kobe will be forcing a trade to play with KG or Duncan:p

3. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

things that make you go HMMMMMMM?

Courtesy of Arsinio Hall

4. edc

edc Contributing Member

Other than money, you tell me what the Rockets organization have done to engender any loyalty from Yao Ming? It is FACT they have done things that were the opposite of his stated desires.

5. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I am not saying the CBA doesn't allow it. I am saying it is not economically feasible. You can't fill a roster if you have three max players. There has never been a team with three players making 15mill each.

6. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

Lunacy: Insanity or madness; properly, the kind of insanity which is broken by intervals of reason, -- formerly supposed to be influenced by the changes of the moon

7. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

According to edc, Yao has never wanted to be on a truly great team.

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You really should slow down the post rate, and try to get a feel for the bbs. Seriously man, are you trying to set some type of post record for a new member? Slow down, relax, soak it all in. :)

By the way....they were joking about wanting KG. Simply making fun of the article and the fact that all teams would like to have a player like Yao (or KG) on their team.

9. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

yeah, Yao really is just an 18/9 guy...we could pick up any number of players who would have the same impact as Yao since that's all he does. I say we just pick up Zach Randolph or Chris Webber and not miss a beat.

10. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

-Management has not complained about how he plays for the CNT every off season. We specifically made those allowances upon his and the CNT request. (even thought his game regresses everytime he goes back. Its like taking one step forward and two steps back)

-Mngt did everything possible for him to feel comfortable in Houston ( hireing a live in translater- and if you followed the process of Coline Pines hireing, they put in now stops as to finding the best they could.)

-They agreed to do some pre season games in China. That was good PR and a wonderful experience, but that was also at the request of the China. If they had thier way the Rockets would not have wanted to loose practice time because of the traveling.

-They sent Anthony Falsone to live with you last off season to make help out Yao's conditioning

11. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Harrisment
    Are you here to talk about the Rockets or about how many post i have placed? At least my posts are meaningful. Except for this one, which is simply to respond to your not so friendly statement.

12. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Sorry.. I was eating lunch and typing at the same time sorry for all the typos.

13. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

I agree with you that Yao prolly does feel loyalty and that the Rox have done right by him...but I think there are many other teams that would have done the same. Bottom line is that the remainder of this season will likely have a lot to do with whether or not we can lock Yao up. If we continue winning, and he plays well in our offense, I think it's a done deal. If he's frustrated by his number of touches or losing, or whatever, it's possible we could see a one year and out deal.

14. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

People,

Yao is very good. Not great. Quit jumping to his defense anytime somebody says something that's critical of his performance. I am as much a Rockets fan as any of you, without a doubt in my mind I say that.

I want Yao to stay. But if he starts demanding too much, let him go and get KG. Yao just isn't in my humble opinion the cornerstone of this franchise. That's McGrady.

Again, I WANT YAO MING TO STAY ON THIS TEAM.

-P1st, S2nd

15. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Dude I hate sounding like a kiss ass, but I agree. Someone asked for a list so I listed what I knew. :)

16. edc

edc Contributing Member

"We need coach [Tomjanovich] next season" -- Yao Ming, Summer 2003

"When I heard about the trade, my first thought was that I will miss my friends Steve, Cuttino and Kelvin very much. They were great teammates, and were all very helpful to me during my first 2 years in the NBA. I'm very sorry to see them go." -- Yao Ming, June 2004

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The Clippers

18. edc

edc Contributing Member

(1) It was part of the deal. Any NBA team would've had to agree to his playing for the CNT every offseason?

(2) Ancient history, and JVG has forced Colin Pine even further into the background.

(3) NBA deal. Again, nothing the Rockets organization did.

(4) Maybe, maybe this one could be considered "something the Rockets did."

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

What they have done is surround him with a better team that will bring him closer to a championship than he ever would have been with many of the teammates he started with. If you think CD, JVG and even Les hasn't spoken with him about this and emphasized this goal, particularly CD, well, then you're entitled to your opinion, however warped it may be.

What a foolish little person you are. Every Dumb Comment adds more fuel to the fire. Tisk, tisk.

20. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Are you serious? You're not serious, you're just messing with me right? The Rudy thing aside, the Francis trade was for the betterment of the team. You're saying we should treat Yao the way the lakers treat Kobe. Basically screw your team because of the demand of a player?