1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Aldridge has us #10th best team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Oct 8, 2013.

?

Where do you rank the Rockets?

1. Top 3

68 vote(s)
    22.8%
  2. 4

43 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. 5

90 vote(s)
    30.2%
  4. 6

50 vote(s)
    16.8%
  5. 7

25 vote(s)
    8.4%
  6. 8

12 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 10

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. 11 or less

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

1.Miami
    2.SA
    3.Indiana
    4.Clippers
    5.Memphis
    6.Warriors
    7.OKC
    8.Brooklyn
    9.New York
    10.Houston

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/david_aldridge/10/07/morning-tip-top-10-storylines-for-2013-14-expanded-top-15-rankings-mlb-playoffs-mark-jackson-q-and-a/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3a#top

I have us better than Warriors, Grizzlies, and Knicks. I also think Pacers are overrated like crazy. That team won 49 games last season for god's sake.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I thought this was a Western ranking at first.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The disrespect continues. Granted Rockets haven't played a regular season game but this **** is ri-damn-diculous. Reggie Miller and Steve Kerr got The Rockets Ranked 6th in the west. I can't wait, man. Rockets about to dismantle some of these teams.

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I'd rank them:
    1. Miami
    2. Clippers
    3. OKC
    4. Houston
    5. SA
    6. Indiana
    7. Memphis
    8. Golden State
    9. Brooklyn
    10. New York

5. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

LOL @ Knicks and Warriors ahead of us

6. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

The Pacers' my team to follow in the EC. Their record understates how good they really were last season. They had an ugly start to the season (due to injuries, health) but got better after the ASB. I think they'll do better this year if everyone stays healthy and they can improve their offense. Offensively, they're hot and cold. As much as I love George Hill I think a lack of a true playmaker PG really hurts them. This leaves the ball in Paul George's hands quite a bit and dude cannot dribble. I mean, all those turnovers...

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I don't agree with the 10th place ranking at all.

But I kind of like it because I think it will motivate the players.

8. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Typical Rockets shuting people up and doing better than usual

LEARN TEXANS LEARN FROM THE ROCKETS

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Meh, one man's projection. Whether he had the Rockets 1st or 10th or 20th makes no difference.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'm not sure which is more disrespectful, that we're 10th or that Chicago isn't even in the top 10.

11. jedicro

jedicro Member

So he goes on and on about how we have absolutely everything we need...and ranks us 10th? The KNICKS are ahead of us? That's hysterical.

Also, Indiana is getting crazy overrated. 49 wins in the east is not particularly impressive. They're young, and they're getting better, but they're not that good.

Whatever. Let the blowhards blow.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

13. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

I feel like some of you are looking way too hard into this. He's mostly going off paper. And the teams he mentioned do look better than us... On paper. We still don't know how Brooklyn is going to pan out with all those stars on one team. So there's a lot of uncertainty with these teams. I personally feel like the Heat, Spurs, Pacers, Clippers and Thunder are all better than our team.

The rest are still a toss-up. At least we're IN the discussion. I'm surprised no one noticed the Bulls not being in the Top 10. That's a little shocking, to me. With Rose back and looking rather healthy, i'd easily put them ahead of New York, at the least. I try not to look into other people's opinions too much. Especially not HIS out of all people lol. We're set to have a great year. It won't matter if we're in his Top 10 or not come playoffs. Just gotta do what we always do. Exceed expectations.

1 person likes this.
  14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Clippers and Knicks got a ton of wins during last year's regular season. And what did that mean to them once they entered the playoffs? NOTHING.

Regular season record means nothing if you are regular 1st/2nd round exit in playoffs.

That's why I think Indiana is better than Clippers and New York.

15. jedicro

jedicro Member

Indiana's a good young team that happens to match up really well against the Heat, but they're not world beating juggernauts.

But yeah they're better than New York. Easily.

16. verysimplejason

I like the 10th place ranking that was given. After all, Rockets is just great on paper at least for now. I still have to see some better chemistry. Sure, I've voted 5th (biased) but I must admit it's still too early to tell. Even with Howard and improvement on JLIN, Bevs, Harden, Parsons and addition of other players, it'll be better to be "off" the radar so the team can gel properly without the added attention.

17. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Indiana has a really nice team with great defense all on the floor, a good bench and no real weakness. However they are missing this player that can create a shot when it counts the most - Paul George is not there yet as far as creating his own shot.

I think people are overrating Indiana a bit because of their postseason success. But they have a great team.

What I don`t understand is the Knicks ranking - sure they had a lot of regular season success, but their players are getting older and older and they haven`t done a thing in post season so far.

And I think it`s funny, that the Warriors are ahead of us. We have two top 10 players, they may have one. Last season we were basically as good as them, now we added D12 while only losing Delfino, they added Igudala while losing Jack and Landry. I think we gotthe way better end of the deal.

How many teams ranked above us would gladly change their roster with ours? I´d say at least 5...

18. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Ridiculous... Love it. Keep doubting us.

19. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

How did Morey put it?

Better than us: OKC, SAS, Miami
    On our level: Indiana and Chicago

So we are def. top 6.

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

DA just lost all credibility. How can a playoff team that added another all star defensive player of the yr to one one of the highest scoring teams last yr be ranked 10th. We are top 5 at least, but we need to do all our talking on the floor.