1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dave Chappelle: The Closer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Oct 5, 2021.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is like how 99ers feel when the newbs get mad when we said Hakeem is the best
    @Ziggy

Jontro likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I finally got around to watching this, it's pretty good but it's only okay by Dave Chappelle standards.

There was a nice tribute to Norm Macdonald at the end, I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but that picture was the only one where Dave was looking up at someone else, all the other pictures shown in the end credits montage has Dave either above or on equal footing with everyone else. Coincidental or intentional, it was nice symbolism.

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I've watched it twice now. I enjoyed it, but it's not one of Dave's best. I put it at the bottom of his Netflix pile, below the Bird Revelation.

TexasTofu likes this.
  4. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Will have to watch. His last one was pretty good.

tinman likes this.
  5. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

This is spot-on IMO.

It took me almost a good 30 - 40 minutes to actually laugh. And if it were anyone else, I wouldn't have sat through it all. But it ended hilariously. When I think about his other great works "Killing Me Softly", etc., I wouldn't put it in the same realm. But it's definitely not a bad watch by any means. [spoiler/]

Bobbythegreat and tinman like this.