1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dave Chappelle Slams Clinton, Defends ‘Most Gangsta Candidate Ever’ Donald Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dei, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Dei

Dei Member

Dave Chappelle Slams Clinton, Defends ‘Most Gangsta Candidate Ever’ Donald Trump

In a rare New York City performance Friday night, comedian Dave Chappelle defended Donald Trump and ripped Hillary Clinton, according to the Observer.

Chappell apparently criticized how the media “twisted” what Trump said when he made lewd remarks about grabbing women in a caught-on-tape conversation in 2005 with former Access Hollywood anchor Billy Bush.

“Sexual assault? It wasn’t. He said, ‘And when you’re a star, they let you do it.’ That phrase implies consent,” Chappelle reportedly said. “I just don’t like the way the media twisted that whole thing. Nobody questioned it.”

The 43-year-old comic praised Trump’s performance during the second presidential debate, specifically how he handled the harsh line of questions from moderators Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatz.

“Something about this was backward. A gay white man and a white woman asking a multi-billionaire how he knows the system is rigged and insisting it’s not. Does that sound right to you?” Chappelle reportedly asked the crowd at the famous Cutting Room comedy club. “It didn’t seem right to me. And here’s how you know Trump is the most gangsta candidate ever. They asked him how he knows the system is rigged and he said, ‘Because I take advantage of it.’”

“He may as well have flashed his membership card for the Illuminati right then,” Chappelle joked.

The former Chappelle’s Show star said Clinton’s “not right” and compared voting for her to pursuing sex with actress Halle Berry after she had farted in his face.

“I’m still going to go for it,” Chappelle reportedly said. “But I wish she hadn’t done that thing.”

Chappelle said Clinton is “going to be on a coin someday. And her behavior has not been coin-worthy.”

“She’s not right and we all know she’s not right,” he added.

www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/11/05/dave-chappelle-slams-clinton-defends-most-gangsta-candidate-ever-donald-trump/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chappelle's always had a lot of common sense. Not sure if he's voting Trump, ultimately, but he knows something fishy's going on with the media.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Cool story bro. Chappelle already voted for Clinton.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well then Dave Chapple doesn't understand basic human psychology. If a powerful man goes around grabbing puasy without waiting and assumes it's consensual he's MERELY PROJECTING CONESNT.

Dei... YOU AND I KNOW very well that if Bill used his authority and power to assume that the woman he is groping is consenting because she isn't fighting back, you would be yelling rape at the top of your lungs.

Dairy Ashford likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

In Trump's head, it's consent. He believe he didn't do anything wrong.

5. Dei

Dei Member

A jury on a rape case is hard to hand out, so Idk. I'd put that on trial. But, anyway, point here is that there's substantial context regarding Trump's statements about women to be taken at face value. There's a double meaning if you account his special circumstances - he's rich, he's famous, and he's a braggart. Dave gets it because he's in a similar situation. The media either doesn't get it or is purposely reporting it inaccurately to serve a motive.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

If you read more than the title you will see he said he is going to vote for Hillary.

I agree with him that the grab her by the p****sy thing was silly. It was a fun nny story though.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Was this part of a comedy act?

8. Dei

Dei Member

Observational comedy.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you actually actually read this Dei? This is the most backhanded "compliment" I've ever read.

Is not a thing you say about someone you like or approve of.

Calling someone "a member of the Illuminati" would be like a less childish and slightly more paranoid version of calling them a "Sith Lord".

Not the good guys. Not something you say about someone you actually like.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

In the article, it quotes him saying he's still voting for Hillary with the Halley Berry joke lol.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he did support Trump though, Dave has money, he lives in a rural area, and even more so then others he likely judges/views Trump as a relatable star/actor, not a politician(Clinton). But, he's still voting Clinton, for likely the very same reason, Trumps a star, not a politician.

Dei likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chapelle is notorious for riling up the crowd by putting out unpopular things. I saw a show where he was defending Bill Cosby. He was clearly getting a rise out of the crowd. Dei you took the bait.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Comedy act. Trying out new material. But it seems like he is always trying out new material. Last time I saw him in Houston it wasn't that good

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He was doing a routine and using humor to incite a reaction, like when he hypothetically compared George W. Bush and Bill Clinton's reactions to kissing black babies; and he essentially said he would vote for Hillary with the Halle Berry line.

14. Buck Turgidson

It's a joke that you guys take the musings of "Dei" seriously. He's proven it yet again: take a quote or story (or just post something straight from the alt-sources, twist it, post it, let you guys react.) He's admitted KKK-level scum, and you guys know it, yet treat him like a legitimate part of a civilized conversation.

Whatever works for yall....

Dei likes this.
  15. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Poor Dei. 3 more days....

Yung-T likes this.
  16. Fantasma Negro

Trying out his post election material, its starting to look like Trump might take this thing

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is really odd. The media was right and Dave Chapelle is wrong. When Trump said they "let" you because you're a celebrity, it doesn't show consent. Instead it shows Trump's entitled mindset. He feels he's entitled, and that kind of dangerous thinking is what can lead to sexual assault. Believing that people will automatically let him because he's a celebrity is the mindset of someone who feels entitled.

18. Dei

Dei Member

I think it was more commentary on society. Celebs get away with a lot.

19. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Solid endorsement! Trump landslide.

RudyTBag likes this.