1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update: Dave Chappelle defends Elon : “No one is woke enough “: Elon/JayZ/Beyonce were there too

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, May 10, 2021.

?

Is he right ?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. No, He doesn’t go on the D&d here to find them

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Reeko
    @rocketsjudoka

“They don’t, they can’t appreciate the fact that you’re dealing with literally one of the most brilliant men that’s ever lived that’s gonna come do your show,” he went on.

Chappelle, puffing on a cigarette for much of the interview, found the reaction to Musk “puzzling” and didn’t know what sparked criticism of the pick.

“Again like you say no one can be woke enough,” Chappelle said.

RustyHarden and dachuda86 like this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

5/5 answer choices.

People complain for a living on twitter. They should be ignored. End of story. EVERYONE IS OFFENSIVE AND BAD OMGS.

Even Christians who believe in heaven and hell usually are willing to watch people who are not ideologically aligned with them. Wokists though? Oh hell no. You should be banished to the trash heap of society, not allowed to use the banking system, removed from all social institutions, censored online and denied a voice, and in general depersoned and cut off completely!

How did the left become so weak and close-minded?

tinman likes this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

I’m ready for the world to be ruled by artificial intelligence
    In terminator Miles Dyson finds the terminator CPU and creates Skynet from it
    I’m hoping it happens

can’t defund terminators
    They can definitely defund you

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

skynet overlords could be woke af though.... careful

5. tinman

Supporting Member

No John Connors on Clutchfans
    Especially on the D&D

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Corporations are already taking over
    Some people are just too blind to see it
    Think about your personal data
    Is it stored on Amazon or Microsoft’s cloud?
    Google knows everything about you
    Same with Apple

I know these lemmings on this board think they are doing something by posting a ‘hey look at what this media is saying blah blah ‘

They are just are just following the corporate plan to the T. China knows what suckers Americans are.
    They created TikTok , guess where their servers are ?

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm more worried about how my Tesla stock will do in Today's trading than I am what people on Twitter think about Elon Musk's SNL appearance.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I watched a few of the SNL sketches online that people were talking about.

The show was apparently a success given how much buzz there was about it, but Musk’s acting was pretty painful. He kept giggling through his Weekend Update appearance, and what he was saying wasn’t even that funny.

SNL should stick with guests who have a performance background, and not make this the norm. The criticism based on Musk’s “controversial” statements or wealth was dumb, through.

HillBoy and tinman like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was told no one uses the term "woke"

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I didn't know people still watched SNL. Show has been awful for like 10 years if not more.

tinman likes this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I haven’t watched it on TV in years, but there are some good sketches now and then, which you can find on YouTube. I mean, this is funny:

BamBam, King1 and Xerobull like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Chappelle is a sociological genius. Always consider what he has to say.

BamBam, King1 and tinman like this.
  13. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Is it ever used as a positive? It seems like it's always being used as a replacement for "dumbasses."

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Speaking on behalf of the libtards out there, I will say that Elon is not nearly as hated as you'd think.... but alot of people are more or less disappointed that Elon is sort of a doucher narcissist when he has the potential to be a very important figure in modern day.

Also the anti-vaxxer nonsense is irreprehensible. Like come on man... say some stupid sh$t... fine. But that right now is just a complete lack of awareness of just about anything in this time in history... AND it negatively impacts the company he runs which is stupid. Because the longer it takes to rid ourselves of Covid, the longer it'll be before the economy gets back to where it needs to be in order for people to buy more Teslas.

Musk is a super talented and super smart guy, but he's not really as smart and special as he thinks he is, and how people treat him as such. Tesla and Space X were projects that ALOT of people contributed to. Yet he acts as though he just built electric cars, and rockets in his basement growing up. He doesn't bother me all that much honestly, but it's annoying when people act as though the guy is the next Einstein. He's interesting, and deeply flawed. Great, next.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Let's just see how long wealth accumulation is sustainable before another Bolshevik uprising.

Don't need to pull emotional heart strings also. It's pure pragamtism to understand that people like Elon's wealth accumulation at the expense of stagnated wages relative to housing prices, healthcare etc is not sustainabile.

And no, Elon himself isn't evil for it. Anyone with his business acumen would follow the same route including me. It's that as a society that we allow it to happen and only decide it's not right when sporadic riots and insurrections start happening.

Also, can we stop pretending Elon is Tony Stark working on some fusion reactor in his basement. He's a good communicator and has great business acumen but the real magic behind his success is the top engineers that his companies attract. He's barely invoked in the design process of his products. He just knows enough to communicate them to the public.

Nook likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Chappelle show would never happen with this era of no humor and creativity

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well that's based on what you define as humor which is self evidence is a niche acquired taste.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

NBC wanted ratings
    And Elon delivered

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You do know that Chappelle "Canceled" himself right?

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I didn’t mean it continuing
    I mean it even existing

but nice try