1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dating Advice Needed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tb-Cain, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

So, I (37) have been seeing a chick (44) from work for the past 3 weeks. Her birthday is next week and we are both taking a day off to spend together on Tuesday. My birthday happens to be the day after hers. We live in Austin.

Any suggestions on what to do, where to go, and what sort of gift might be appropriate?

Thanks.

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Since you have only been dating for three weeks, I wouldn't buy her any expensive gifts that you'll regret later on. Stick with basics, in my opinion. Flowers, etc. When my wife and I started dating, she liked the corny stereotypical stuff, like picnics (although its pretty hot for that).

How about going to the lake or the river for the day?

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Take her to Cindies.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Nude swimming at Hippie Hollow. Deckard can show you the best spot...

5. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Cheese or BJ.

2 people like this.
  6. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

canoeing on town lake? you can pack a picnic lunch and spend a day outside. You can even go swimming if it gets too hot for you.

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

DIAB...

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Make sure she doesn't have any Rick Pitino's aborted fetus.

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Firstly, chick and 44 does not compute.

Since this sounds like an all-day experience:

Whatever you decided, have lots of activities planned, don't settle on one event.

Get romantic! Get physical! Expose her to a little thrill like going to one of those go-cart race tracks.

By doing so you'll have the opportinuty to touch differnt aspects of her life.

Women loved to be touched, they love to know you care about all aspects of there lives.

Even if she says no to an option, she'll at least see the effort.

Wouldn't buy a gift as a precursor to the day, but along the way. Like trinkets, a single flower from someone selling on the streets. Showing affection in public is a plus.

Your biggest gift to her will be your attention to her.

So LISTEN to everything she says.

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Dinner someplace nice would be a good start. Maybe someplace like III Forks, Vespaio, Truluck's, Roaring Fork, etc. Females dig fondue, so The Melting Pot might be an option as well. Then after dinner, head out someplace like 219 West for cocktails.

Maybe you could bring a bottle of nice wine and some hors'doerves from Central Market up to Mount Bonnell around sunset?

Also, make sure you are fully stocked with rubbers. I prefer Lifestyles Ultra Sensitive.

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

This thread is useless without pics!

12. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

The Oasis on Lake Travis. Get a picture drawn of you 2 etc in the process

13. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Thanks for the ideas.

I already know she wants to see a movie & eat lunch at Alamo early. And it looks like it will be in the mid-to-upper 90's, so I'd like to avoid a lot of outdoor activities until it cools down some.

She's born and raised in Austin, and I've only been here 5 years. So, I'm a bit concerned that a lot of ideas will seem old-hat to her.

Anyone ever been to Viva Chocolato? The place opened in December of 2007, so it shouldn't seem like the typical thing for her.

I wouldn't mind going to see some live music - jazz or blues - where it's not too loud that we can't talk. Know any good places? I looked up 219 West and they have live jazz, but not on Tuesdays. :(

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Drive to San Antonio. If she is an Austin native and you are a newbie, get out of town. Maybe the hill country for a nature thing: Leakey area is nice. Otherwise San Antonio and New Braunfels are fun. I love the Grist Mill in Gruene on the river.

15. Yao Rambis

Yao Rambis Member

Take her to the Four Seasons for drinks and then watch the bats. Maybe dinner after at Paggi House.

Skip the gift. Just pay for her drinks & dinner.

16. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Nothing gets ya in the mood more than rabid bats.

17. Landlord Landry

18. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Fleshlight?

wait a minute.

19. junglerules

junglerules Member

The Gristmill in Gruene, TX is a fantastic idea. Also, I just recently checked out a restaurant called "Moonshine" near the convention center in Austin. Very good stuff....

20. Yao Rambis

Yao Rambis Member

The Gristmill is great if you're taking looking for a place to take your grandma.