1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DATE UPDATE: i'm pissed....

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by verse, Jul 21, 2003.

1. verse

verse Contributing Member

a little over a week ago, i posted this thread:

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61019

and got some opinions on how to go about calling this gorgeous woman that i stalked...err...ran into. first, i want to thank everyone for their responses. it is very much appreciated. onto the date....

did i say date? i shouldn't have, because it never came to fruition. we were supposed to go to the comedy club on friday night, as i'm sure some of you remember. well, that afternoon, she calls me (around 5:00pm) and tells me that she won't be able to make it. she's been staying with a girlfriend for the past 2 weeks because her friend had been having boyfriend problems. apparently, her friend is pregnant, the boyfriend has been cheating on her, and the friend isn't sure what to do. so, mary (arbitrary name) decides to stay with her at a hotel for a couple of weeks to help out. nice gesture.

well, friday afternoon, mary's friend decides to go visit the boyfriend and ends up getting clubbed with a baseball bat. :eek: :mad: great boyfriend, there. so, mary wouldn't have felt right leaving to go have fun with me while her pregnant friend was trying to recover from her wounds. completlely understandable.

saturday, we had tentatively planned to go to a get together at my friends house. she had already told me that she had to go to a baby shower that afternoon, but if she could leave early enough to go with me she would. i never got a phone call, so, i'll assume she couldn't make it (that, or it was an elaborate brush off attempt).

sunday, i'm always hard to find, and never call anyone. it's yard day for me, and i typically spend from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm working on my yard. it's the best therapy i've ever known, and anyone that knows me knows that you just won't catch me on a sunday.

monday, i lost my *** ****** phone. :mad:

i have no clue where it is, don't recall any of the #s on it, and have no hard copies of any phone numbers...including mary's. i also do not know where she lives. i know the hotel that she is staying at with her friend, but do not know the room number. plus, i'd feel like a stalker if i just showed up.

i am sooooooo pissed off with myself. how in the hell do you lose a cellphone that you've had for 6 years? and why didn't i write down a hard copy of her phone #? when did i become so dependant on my cellphone? where is the nearest cliff?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

I am gutted for you. That sucks!

:(

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

man, that's just way too flukey.

if you know her last name, the front desk will dial the number for you.

can you ask for your cell phone records to find the number??

so, you don't really have any idea if she left a message for you on Sunday?

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That seems like a good idea. It also seems like you could call your phone to check your messages.

5. verse

heypee:

1) don't know her last name.

2) yes. that's my next plan of action. when i get my next Sprint bill in, after i cringe at the balance, i'll try to figure which of the numbers dialed for that time period is hers.

3) nope. no way to know if she called sunday. my phone's always off on sundays. there is option of leaving a voice mail, but that's about it. no message = don't know if you called.

the bad thing about the phone is that i noticed it was missing and immediately borrowed my roommate's phone to call myself. i never heard it ring, and after 4 rings it went through to voice mail. 30 minutes later, i called it again and it went straight through to voice mail. every call i've done since then has done the same thing. that makes me think that someone got ahold of my phone.

#5 verse, Jul 21, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2003
  6. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

i get a statement from my cell phone company that gives all the numbers and times that i called, and even numbers of the people that called me. go to your cell phone company and get it!

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Have you called your phone's voice mail to check for messages?

8. verse

i can't do that. i have to wait for the bill to come in.

i am not the primary account holder for the cellphone, my roomie (aka: ex-girlfriend) is. it's a long story....

the chances of getting her to get a copy of the bill from Sprint is slim and none....and we're all out of slim. but, the bill should be coming in very soon, and i'll be sure to check it for the #. i vaguely remember the first 3 numbers, so that should narrow it down considerably.

bobrek:

yes. no messages from her. but that doesn't mean much, i don't think. lots of people (for whatever reason) don't like leaving messages.

9. CRC

CRC Member

If she's still staying in the hotel & you are desperate enough, just wait outside the hotel entrance for 2-3 hours around morning/noon... there is a good chance that you could meet her there...

10. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Don't wait for the bill. Check it online.

http://www.sprintpcs.com

edit: never mind. you posted while i was writing

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Can't you just leave a message for her at the front desk? :confused: I think that'd be better than the loitering option.

12. CRC

CRC Member

I think he said he don't know the room number & her last name...

13. verse

yep.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you're desparate, see if the hotel has any kind of bulletin board and go over and post a note.

15. coma

coma Contributing Member

Hey verse,

My stomach dropped when I read your story. Sorry to hear about it dude.

I'd do like you said and just wait for the bill to come in. You may want to call Sprint and see if they can expedite the bill or something. The hotel thing is not a good idea, for two reasons. 1) You don't know her last name, and what if her friend's name is listed on the room, and 2) you might, scratch that, will seem like a stalker. Sometimes things happen for a reason my friend.

If I had anything constructive to add, it'd be to get a new phone ASAP, and have Sprint deactivate service to your old phone. You'll be up and running in an hr. This way, you'll contact her when you receive the bill, or she'll call you. This time if she calls, you'll have a phone to pick up.

Good luck either way, and don't stress it! :)

16. coma

coma Contributing Member

One more thing, and I wanted to create a new post for this, usually, if the phone is turned off, it'll go straight into vmail. So most likely, your phone ran outta juice and is sitting somewhere.

I, too, have SprintPCS service, and this is true for my phone. Maybe that can be somewhat of a silver lining?

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Morty: So, you stand in the lobby, by the elevator, and wait for her to

come down for lunch.

Jerry: You mean "stakeout" the lobby?

Helen: Morty, that's ridiculous. Just ask Elaine for the number!

Morty: He doesn't want to ask Elaine for the number.

Helen: So you've got him standing by the elevator like a *dope*! What

happens when he sees her?

Morty: He pretends he *bumped* into her!

Jerry: Y'know what? This is *not* that *bad* an idea...

Jerry: Hey, hey... Pamela's birthday party, didn't I see you there...

Jerry.

Vanessa: Sure! Hi!

Jerry: This is George. ["Grasps" for her name] I'm sorry...

Vanessa: Vanessa.

George: Nice to meet you.

Jerry: Ah, Sagman, Bennet, Robbins, Oppenheim and Taft.

Vanessa: That's right! What're you doing here?

Jerry: Oh, were meeting a friend of ours for lunch. He works here in the

building.

George: Yeah, Art *Vandelay*.

Vanessa: Really? Which company?

Jerry: I don't know. He's an importer.

Vanessa: Importer?

George: ...And exporter.

Jerry: He's an importer/exporter.

George: I'm, uh, I'm an architect.

Vanessa: Really. What do you design?

George: Uh, railroads, uh...

Vanessa: I thought engineers do that.

George: They can...

18. CRC

CRC Member

LOL! pgabriel, that's a good one!

#18 CRC, Jul 21, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2003
  19. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Member

Not to make things worse man, but this straight-up sounds like she got cold feet after meeting you in the street.

I mean maybe the first night excuse could be valid, but the next day the pregnant girl was clubbed by the ex w/ a Louisville Slugger? Wouldn't this be "Breaking News?" Sounds fishy...

Anyway, girls do this crap all the time - they don't mind the initial attention/number giving, but then they often get cold feet. Besides, maybe you should see if she makes some attempt to track YOU down. You've been going balls to the wall pursuing this chick - take a breather & see if it was meant to be...

20. verse

i've thought about that, as well....and you very well may be right. what i might do is wait a week or so to see if she calls. if she doesn't, i could give it one last effort (hey, it's me, i'm gonna be handing out at XXXXX place tonight. you wanna go?)

if she has an excuse, drop her.

as far as the clubbing incident, nah that's not breaking news in san antonio. lots of women get beat by their men here. i'll just say it's a "cultural thing"....