1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey's secret account on ClutchFans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Mar 25, 2014.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Damn, I've been epicly trolled.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No, I'm ok with it.

DD

1 person likes this.
  3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Complaining about pic, join date 2006, hmmmmmm

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

This is a beautiful work. I sense the ghost of Danny Glover in Angels in the Outfield.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If you think about it, Clutchfans is the ultimate propaganda machine. Hell, Morey could turn us against Les if he tried hard enough.

6. MichaelG281713

Morey's a great GM, but damn...he's just a human being like all of us. Who cares if he's on here? If people didn't make a big deal of it, he'd probably be on here using his real name.

And I'm a Morey fan. I'm just that type of guy who can't even think ask somebody for their signature though. I mean, it's just a damn signature. Lol.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Margrave I guess

DD

8. verysimplejason

So Morey's just trolling? :D

9. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

If you are you're a stand up cat, and I got to meat you through a certain someone Hal...Hal P!

10. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

This thread is awesome, DD congrats. I'm late to the party!

11. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Either way, it feels awesome to get trolled by Morray. The legend himself

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Hey morey, just wanted to say hi

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He may not know - how would he? I am sure DM doesn't use his real name or email address. But Clutch definitely would not tell us if he did know.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no way you put DaDakotas name up there unless you spend a lot of time on this BBS.

DM nor only made a joke about secret accounts, he made fun of DaDakota's "secret account" and all the drama around it.
    I mean, Dada - do you realize that the Rockets GM knows about Margrave and your banning? That's just too hilarious.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I am not sure if Morey is on clutchfans or lurks around here but I do have a feeling how he knows about DaDakota (DD)

A few weeks ago I was exchanging E-Mails with Lance Zierlein about the lack of Rockets talk on 790 and also his overall basketball knowledge to which he got defensive and said that they are in a unique position with regards to the market. This was his reply to one of my comments.

I also made poked a little fun in a subsequent E-mail saying Clutchfans is the home of the real Rockets to which he replied saying he knows DD and Clutch personally.

So basically, my conclusion is that Morey and Lance have discussed clutchfans in their lunch meet-ups and of course DD having the most posts and being one of the most famous posters here has come up.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Actually if you spend a lot of time here you'd probably pick someone else. If you are only here casually DaDakota has the highest % chance of being the name you would know.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

LOL. I was thinking either that account or honeybear.

18. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More than the secret account thing, Morey might have been poking fun of DD because DD was his loudest critic (sorry DD, not one of your brightest posting periods either).

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, this is incorrect -, DM and I talk video games and fund raising on Facebook, and when we met, I introduced myself as DaDakota from Clutchfans - probably 3 or 4 years ago.

I seriously doubt he is that involved here at all, he has a job to do - and is doing it well, despite criticism - which comes with the territory.

At the end, DM is a funny guy, who is internet/social media friendly, and he and I in that regard are on the same page/level - so for me, this was nothing more than a hilarious poke.

Very very well played, TBH

The more likely scenario - and honestly, it comes with the territory - DM can take it, he knows the job he signed up to do, and criticism and praise come with it - I think he is doing an excellent job - was not sure about his strategy - but he pulled it off, and I am happy to admit to being incorrect.

DD

#299 DaDakota, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

To think I referred to you as DuhDakota years ago...freaking hilarious. :grin:

Sorry buddy