1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey's Major Backup Plan 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, May 23, 2013.

1. RockNRandy

RockNRandy Member

Cousins

I don't care what y'all say
    I think he would thrive with McHale and this Roster led by Harden Asik and Parsons
    I think he is the best young big in the game
    I'd rafter Cousins than anyone other then Love
    Love would be a dream acquisition in 2014
    I'm just happy with the position Morey has put the team in and we can actually have these discussions

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

I would actually LOVE signing Millsap for 1yr 12-15M. If they believe enough to put faith in their ability to stay healthy, they could make so much more money that way too. On a team with PF as its only deficiency, they could really stand out by being the main reason we move up from the 8 seed to, say, a top 4 seed. The payday would potentially be bigger with such a boost in reputation. Factor in the other possibility, that the Rockets like the test run so much that they're willing to go over the tax to resign them next year, and I think it's a win win proposition for both sides. Rockets get to keep their flexibility for getting a Kevin Love or LMA while still competing next year at a much higher level.

3. Sanity2disChaos

First poster hit the nail on the head but this is a very good line-up...then you can possibly sign him, if he works out, for a cheaper price.You could then go after a 1b/2a player with some cap space, while allowing your young pf to develop behind Gasol.I like t.jones then Robinson, either could learn and develop by playing behind Gasol.

This is Magic Man Moreys' alternative....

4. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I think it will go something like this:

Brooks, Delfino and Garcia are all off contract come July 1. Giving the Rockets tons of cap flexibility.

Option 1A - Dwight & CP3.

Option 1B - Dwight & Josh Smith

Option 1C - Dwight while keeping Asik

Option 2A - Trade peanuts (Royce White & protected 2nd rounder) for 1 year rental of Gasol.

Option 2B - Sign Bynum to a 1 year max deal with team options for year 2 and 3.

Option 2C - Sign a 2nd tier player to an overloaded 1 year contract (e.g. Milsap or Josh Smith to a 1yr $15mil contract)

Option 3 - Sign Greg Oden to a 5mil contract with team options for year 2 and 3. Have Oden play backup to Asik to see what he's got.

5. don grahamleone

Don't do anything to get Gasol. You can't help the Lakers out if they keep Dwight. Make it hurt to keep Dwight.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If Rockets are unable to recruit Dwight Howard, I'm told second preference is Josh Smith. Sixers also targeting Smith, says a source</p>&mdash; Peter Vecsey (@PeterVecsey1) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1/status/341641083677208576">June 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I like Smith but just don't buy it. You add a Josh Smith as a third piece not as your second star. And no Lin and Parsons are not and will not be that 2nd star.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Will McHale have Smith playing the right way? If so, I wouldn't mind him.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

You know how I know the story is false?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.