1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey's last laugh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lunik II, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

Morey really defeated Cuban this summer considering the Jason Terry trade and in many ways.

1. First, Letting Cuban overpay for Parsons, disabling the Mavericks from upgrading their roster significantly now and in the near future.

2. Signing Trevor Ariza, a better defender and a purer shooter (Which we need more of,) for half the price of Parsons. Also, Trevor is more proven, as he has a championship.

3. Trading for an All-time Maverick favorite in Jason Terry, who helped them win their first and only championship. (Now we have 2 veterans who have won a championship.)

4. Getting 2 second-round picks with the Jason Terry trade for only Alonzo Gee. Daryl Morey has spoken out about how you need to find and create talent, not overpay for one. Well, we got Chandler Parsons with a second round pick, and now we got two, and Terry for basically nothing. This two second round picks are the icing on the cake, sticking it to Cuban for overpaying for our second round pick.

So let the rivalry continue.

1 person likes this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

wow, let me tell me how you are wrong.

1. daryl morey did not make cuban overpay for parsons. disable the mavericks from upgrading their roster? too bad they got dirk for 3 years $25 million only and they also added tyson chandler who is also championship proven. the mavs upgraded their roster nicely this offseason while we got worse.

2. trevor is proven because he has a championship? you realize he had kobe bryant and pau gasol right?

3. i'm pretty sure mark cuban is okay with us getting jason terry since he got chandler parsons. i love the acquisition of terry but if he's a reason you think we "owned" the mavs, boy are you desperate. you're reaching, bro.

4. those 2 picks we just got had nothing to do with cuban. that isn't "sticking it to cuban" at all. try again.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Yes, he did get the last laugh.

[​IMG]

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Last laugh?

Will Morey not be allowed to laugh ever again after this summer?

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL you said yourself that tyson chandler is also championship proven

ariza and terry and tyson have all proven they can be key pieces to a championship team

remember the quote "Rockets find the Chandler Parsons..."

now Morey has 2 extra chances to do it again

#5 vlaurelio, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  6. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

Im not saying the Mavericks lost, they did get slightly better but at a high price. I bet not the "superstar" Dirk had in mind when he considered taking a paycut. Trevor Ariza has gotten wayyy better since his rookie days in Los Angeles. Yeah he had Kobe and Pau, but he has Harden and Dwight now. and a much better cast.

7. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

We all know what Morey can do with second round picks, dont get me wrong im not a Maverick hater, their offense got pretty good. Im talking about the rivary of Morey and Cuban.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Mavericks will have a ton of cap room, so the Parsons contract is certainly not as restricting to them.

9. zyt

zyt Member

i know right? with the prize of terry who needs other rotation members, remember when he ****ed the lakers with all tho 3s? magnificent

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Cuban got F'd when he over paid for Chandra Parsons.

11. King901

King901 Member

I didnt know Ariza was a pure scorer...

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

will you all please accept that morey had a poor off-season. its not the end of the world for gods sake.

just say it with me: morey got beat!!!!

13. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

I said a "Purer Shooter" than parsons

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't know if you can consider giving Parsons the worst possible contract imaginable getting beat. If you give someone a terrible contract isn't that really just defeating yourself?!! Morey broke even with Ariza and Cuban took a loss, so score 1 for Morey but he struck out big time on acquiring the 3rd star so deduct a few points for Morey there. He is making his typical very solid moves since then with the Terry and 2nd Rounders and dumping Lin's. Plus I'm sure something else will shake out before the season starts. So far, Morey gets a C for the offseason. Cuban gets a C-

15. jman7373

jman7373 Member

I usually find your try to be funny comments annoying, but this made LOL.

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I think the Mavs got better but I think the Rox did too. I like what Trevor Ariza can do more than Parsons on the D and he's still only a slightly less productive offensive option. Plus, he's been in the league long enough and matured and learned how to be one of the better role players in the league. At half the cost this puts the Rockets in a fantastic position heading into next summer with 12-14 not having to wait on Asik & Lin deals to be completed.

Aside from losing Lin, I think Terry is a suitable replacement. I think Harden will run some point for a few mpg with the addition of Nick Johnson and Daniels. It might be a possibility.

I still believe the 6.8 mil TPE, Nola's 2015 1st, A slew of Rockets 1st and 2nd rd picks, Jason Terry's 5.8 mil expiring and a few young guys like Donatas, Capela, Canaan, etc could be Sweetner. Rockets won't need much to add an upgrade at PG or PF or making the bench much stronger and deeper.

17. alethios

alethios Member

I hope that's not the case. There's still time before the season starts to score a quality 3rd piece.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think anyone has laughed yet. Not Morey, not Cuban, not Bosh, not Melo, not Lin, not Les, not me, even Howard has been talking about giving up laughing lately. Rockets 2015 - No Laughing.

19. Zbed

Zbed Member

I was a huge Parsons fan but I certainly would not pay him that much. Morley made the right decision but it still hurts that we could still have CP for 900k.

20. Zbed

Zbed Member