1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey will be doing an AMA on /r/NBA (Reddit)- 8/16/13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scionxa, Aug 14, 2013.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

GS4 = a soon (enough) 2nd Round pick.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

MORE GENITAL QUESTIONS!!!!!

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Morey's got jokes. I like it.

Cue the Dear Morey threads.

I always thought Brooks was a serious guy. His game looked more laid back last season and so did he. He's changed.

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lol.

I love this guy.

He got some brilliant funny answers.

Also, a lot of Jeremy questions there.

5. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

This is what our GM is saying...stop attacking "LOFs" for agreeing

1 person likes this.
  6. coffeelover665

wow he's really funny hahah

"Do you think the other rockets will do an ama?"

DM: "Not Jeremy Lin, he really has changed"

7. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

sweet one !

(Knicks fan) Iso:
    "Hi Mr.Morey, Can you please give Jeremy back to us ? :("

Rockets GM Daryl Morey:
    "Sorry he is a Rocket now and also there is nothing to give"

hahaha!

8. coffeelover665

apparently when DM traded JL to Knicks, the Knicks gave him a linsanity jersey and thanks him for Jeremy Lin.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The GM is of course going to talk highly of his asset, whether he believes it or not.

2 people like this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I guess I'm slow. What does that mean?

11. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Whatever, lets just wait for the season to start. :grin:

12. radcan61

radcan61 Contributing Member

They did not give him to us, so we can't give him back.

13. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Thanks J.R., you ROCK! As always!

14. jackycool

jackycool Member

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  15. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Probably referring to the notion that he's already looted them of all their assets.

16. formido

formido Member

A convenient spin when the facts and spirit of his comments don't fit one's impressions. I've followed Morey for a long time, and he's actually pretty darn open about his methods. He doesn't lie about facts. When he needs to leave himself an out, he does.

"He was the starting point guard on a playoff team in West at age 24!!! Don't get me started on this. Too late..."

Reads as genuine outrage. Of course, you're free to fantasize whatever you like into his words, but you'll be unnecessarily surprised when Lin is a high performing member of a championship contending Rockets team at the end of the season.

1 person likes this.
  17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Remember when a ton of Lin fans were accusing Morey of bringing him over to the Rockets to screw him over?

18. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

No, I don't. Although I'll give you a solid 4 or 5 were.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Morey makes two very good points about Lin, which I think can sum up all the debate last season on this board: Unrealistic expectations and Injuries.

Unrealistic Expectations - I think every fan, whether hardcore Rockets or LOF or casual fans, had at least some expectation of Linsanity repeating in Houston. Even if logically speaking everyone knew it was unlikely to last. It's still what people hope.

But from different POVs, this high expectation led to very different conclusions. On one hand you have people who felt Lin was a fraud, that Linsanity was just a mirage and somehow Lin duped Morey into giving him a big contract.. On the other side, you have fans who felt that because they're not seeing Linsanity, it must be because outside forces are keeping Lin down. It didn't help that there were rumors surrounding Melo and JR Smith kicking Lin out of NY. Nor did it help that the Rockets traded for Harden and instantly annointed him superstar status on the team. And even fans in the middle, those who simply lowered expectations of Lin as a player, were attacked because they started treating Lin less as a star and more as a role player.

Injury - Fans treat injuries different depend on how they feel about a player. A player saying he has an injury can be thought of as "tough player playing through pain" or "sissy who's trying to make excuses." Dwight last year was a perfect example. Where he thought he was trying his best playing with an injury, while Nash and Kobe were just like "Playing through pain? Everyone does that." To some extent that also happened on this board. The Rockets are very hush in regards to injuries. To the point where threads were made on clutchfans about why Terrence Jones wasn't playing, when he was actually injured at the time. I think a more open policy on player injuries probably would've helped alleviate the questions surrounding Lin's play. But they generally keep things low-keyed, so fans can only rely on speculations. And speculations can be interpreted very differently.

Regardless of last year's Lin, I think everyone can agree that next there there is literally no excuse. No injury to speak of. No adjusting to a new team. Dwight Howard is the best P&R big in the NBA arguably. Whatever Lin shows on the court next season will be the actual Jeremy Lin. Succeed or fail, it truly is all on him now.

20. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

yes

I do. Also remember how Mchale was a racist and hated Lin. How Harden was a racist. Demanded Lin be traded right away. Also remember well the name calling of Mchale. The list goes on. Been a real pleasure having Lin on this team. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.