1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Tampering on Twitter.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Dec 20, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

I don’t get it

2. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets plan was to pursue Wood before Morey ever left. Morey offered a #1 to get Wood at the deadline. Credit to Stone for pulling it off but it wasn’t his idea... I will be more curious to see how he handles something that wasn’t planned before Morey left; like this Harden situation.

Batman Jones, Reeko, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

automated tweet, lol too bad he didn't have "free hong kong" on automated.

NBA would be dragged into another shitshow.

4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

That would be pretty upsetting if I was Ben.
    Morey said he wouldn’t trade Ben, then Doc said they assured Ben when he talked to Him.
    And now today you see Morey post this? SMH Morey makes the dumbest moves at times. Like signing Royce White or keeping Clemons instead of Harty or the China HK post.

plus we all know how Daryl promised to CP3 he wouldn’t get traded and a week or so later he was traded. The man has no integrity.

that post tell us how enamored Morey is with Harden, yet he still trying to play hardball. Good thing Stone knows how Morey feels and how he feels/thinks about the Ben & Simmons pairing. Also he knows how much Daryl loves Harden. Well kinda obvious bcoz every interview he would praised Harden and overhyped him.

Point is this is very telling for everyone, even if it’s a book Morey already did and it’s coming out. However right now it’s not the time to post a picture about Harden on his Twitter when there are all these rumors. Not when he is in 76s organization and you just said you would trade Ben.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I begged her on facetime day after day
    But she blocked my DMs and sent me on my way
    She gave me a wave emoji and then she texted me my ticket.
    I put my mask and earbuds on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.…

Reeko, D-rock, CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  6. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Overrated GM. Glad he's gone

Sonicbun8 and saleem like this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Amazing GM

Batman Jones, D-rock and Nook like this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Give me them draft picks now

fattz likes this.
  9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Tad Brown = Harden’s daddy.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Morey being cryptic again.. looks like he take's a shot at Ben Simmons in his latest tweet.. if he's trolling, he's playing with fire..

Correction: 76ers latest tweet

D-rock likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I could not agree more.

But the trade inquiry of Russ for AG had to be Stone's idea so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Nook and Batman Jones like this.
  13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where was an article like this last year?

What James did not know was that Morey had befriended a number of Hong Kong residents while attending business school and had intimate knowledge of the challenges they faced living in a semi-autonomous country. His decision to tweet his support was neither rash nor uninformed, but a conscious effort to express his solidarity for people he knew well.

Asked all these months later if he regrets his decision to support the protests in Hong Kong, Morey paused for several seconds before responding, "I'm very comfortable with what I did."

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That's an idiotic take.

This guy probably forgot Morey is the one begging Dwight to sign with the Rox which he had very serious back issue at that time and right after Yao was retired.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Rehashing this is a win-win for Morey. It brings him back into the spotlight as a thoughtful executive that cares about human rights (and by proxy, player rights). He knows he's untouchable at this point, plus Philadelphia hired him after the tweet, meaning that are at least, in part, supportive of his actions. And as a last little jab, this definitely once again paints Tilman in a horrible light.

desihooper likes this.