1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey says Rockets will rain threes, hints at pursuit of Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2017.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

2. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

If his priority is making crazy money next year because he needs it for his other priorities, we're a good team to inflate your stats for a big contract next year while making the most money for the rest of the year a good team can offer. I bet he will play hard to get an overpaid contract next year.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  3. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Its fun to go after "potential", too many times in fantasy or the draft that what a team goes for and regrets it later.
    This is what this situation reminds me of...Sanders vs Bogut
    We dont need to hit a homerun we need a mean defensive big who can rebound....the screens and passing skills is just extra bonuses, Bogut all the way

BigMaloe and YaoMing#1 like this.
  4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Maybe I did, but he definitely said it wasn't a priority to him anymore. I guess I have already been burned with someone that doesn't have the passion for the game like Eddie Griffin or someone dealing with anxiety etc in Royce. Nothing wrong with dealing with your issues, but at this point I want to make sure we don't burned at a time that we are doing well.

mockster likes this.
  5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Larry Sanders is a better offensive rebounder (where we struggle most), shot blocker, and better def efficiency for his career.

Bogut is also injury plagued currently.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

We struggle on the offensive boards? Seems we need to work more on defensive rebounding.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He was better at that stuff like 3 years ago.

He hasn't played ball in a long time not even over seas..... nothing

No way he hops back in the NBA and contributes more than 5-6 min a game and prob not even that.

I don't see why you would think he would hop right back in the NBA and pick up were he left off over 2 years ago.

basketballholic likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

That too.

9. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Even more reason for us to get Larry Sanders...

10. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Very good point, and also he might be a better weakside defender then bogut, but bogut is no slouch.
    We need someone who can guard Gasol,LA,a low post defender not a shot blocker....and he can also box out Deandre, Gobert all ppl who we will see in the playoffs and have no match for except maybe NENE who cant play more then 15 min a night

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bogut has missed a month of basketball himself and may not even be 75% healthy. Give me the more athletic, eager to prove something, better fit and HEALTHIER guy.

Capela & Nene are not going anywhere. Less than 100% Bogut is not going to displace either in MDA's system. Larry Sanders has the potential to be better than our current starters - he is actually able to play right now and play with a chip on his shoulder.

Perhaps my dislike for the guy has colored my perceptions of him as a player, but man, really do not like that guy.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

Exactly. He disrespected us and we ended up being light years better than Dallas. Hes not even that good plus injury prone. The only thing he has is hes european which favors well among most posters here. I'd take Larry Sanders over this bum anyday

13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Aww man aren't there any better options than Bogut and Sanders? I think we've cultivated a really good culture here and all our vets are high character guys. I feel like those two can really mess up the good thing we got going here.

14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Charles Oakley looked pretty spry the other day. :p

DonKnock likes this.
  16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i'd still rather take a chance on Sanders than Bogut. The latter too fragile.

17. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Marcus Camby ;)

18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Bogut playing for Cavs would be must see TV.....if Warriors make it to the Finals, imagine the trash talking. I'd prefer a flier on Larry Sanders.

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Money talks. He isnt harden. He doesnt have a 200 mil adidas contract and making like 26 mil or w/e a year.

He is an older player nearing the end of his ability to get paid. After the NBA is done he aint getting many endorsements or broadcasting opportunities.

Getting an extra 1 or 2 MILLION dollars might mean a lot to him

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I think that Sanders character issues could be tempered being around our vets like Ariza, Nene, Anderson and the Culture we have going here.

I don't think those guys could have any impact over someone who believes pizzagate is realo_O

D-rock likes this.