1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey says Rockets will rain threes, hints at pursuit of Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2017.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

That was a team coming off mediocrity and shadowed by The Dwightmare. This is a team with excellent chemistry and poised to make a playoff run.

2. basketballholic

Sign pierre jackson as our backup pg if you really wanna rain 3's.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. alethios

alethios Member

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

man, how do you pass up $1.5+ million (not counting to state income tax), more guaranteed minutes, Harden feeding you the ball (he made Capela, NeNe and Harrell put up amazing numbers not counting guys like Anderson and Ariza) and the 3rd best record in the NBA? He thrives in shooting offenses and the Rockets have shooters.

Wth did Houston do to warrant this from him? I remember we spanked the Warriors a few times before Kerr became their coach, but we never really did anything to him personally and the guy has always had it out for Houston.

Screw him...unless he signs here

Hakeemtheking, adw and Uprising like this.
  5. bigred77

bigred77 Member

Pierre Jackson shoots 27% from 3

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Bring it! Hope the hot touch from outside continues!

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not convinced we guarantee more minutes than Cleveland or San Antonio and we definitely don't offer a better title chance.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Les and DM need to have a backup plan, for a 5, instead of putting all their eggs in the Bogut basket. Trade KJ, Nanu and a 2nd rounder, for O'Quinn, if NY accepts it. He isn't the big that we crave, but he will be a useful addition. Bogut made it clear that he didn't want to come to Houston, and other teams will chase him too, if he doesn't stay in Philly.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Houston is the most diverse city in America.

He is an alt-righter. Of course he's not going to like our culture.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can see him picking us over the Spurs cause i think we can guaranteed him a better role and more minutes (Pau is not losing minutes and Dedmon gives them some athleticism and he's actually playing very well lately), but i don't think he's going to pick us over the Cavs IF he just cares about winning, that wouldn't make sense.

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The deadline already passed...o_O

Larry Sanders is the other, and better option.

3" longer wing span, 2" taller standing reach, 4 years younger, no recent injuries.

D-rock likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Not. Barnes. Ever.

13. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

SA has Pau, Aldridge, Lee, and Dedmon. They can't guarantee more minutes than us. The Rockets need a big and he will absolutely see the floor more in Houston meaning more minutes meaning more money. He will have serviceable guys to chip in so he won't get injured playing too many minutes.

The Cavs make sense for him, but he won't put up the same numbers playing in their system vs. playing in D'Antoni's system. If he really wants to get paid then Houston makes the most sense for him.

14. saleem

I didn't realize that KJ has already been traded to to the Nets.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

When did you last see him play? NBA staffs may know enough to consider him, but NBA fans have not seen him on court.

16. basketballholic

17. Know Your Role

I'll take Bogut or Sanders. Roster would be stacked enough to make a real run.

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The best ability is availability.

Bogut has already missed over 50% of the games this season and he would be thrust into a fast paced offense coming off injury with little time to build stamina outside of game play.

19. saleem

Thanks for letting me know that. Yeah, I just read KJ to the Nets for cap room. I'm ok with that, but not to getting Larry Sanders.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If we do get Bogut, will Rockets fans complain about his moving screens and flopping like they've been doing in the past 3 years?