1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Retweeted

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 6, 2019.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

[​IMG]

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Stupid thinking

amaru likes this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think Daryl is trolling me. Less than an hour ago in the what’s next thread.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I mean, we do have an epic starting 5. We'll miss any of them when they're gone.

But we also need that other thing. What is it.... oh yeah, a bench.

D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'm ok with #RunItBack but we have holes that need filing and yet we can't sign a FA to save our life. I think there is a mix of answers for that. Harden ISOing too much, GM talking trade with every thing he owns, Coach that might freeze you out of the rotation. Houston not being a glamorous place to live.

So here we are... Same team, same problems expecting better results because we have little choice except to hope.

Hope that we can stay healthy.
    Hope that other teams take a long time to gel.
    Hope that EG plays like it's a contract year.
    Hope that Capela has thick skin and does his job.
    Hope that our lack of length won't bite us continually.
    Hope that the new assistant coaches really do have a workable plan with this roster.
    Hope that we find a rotation player or 2 for vet min and/or SnT Shumpert so that MDA won't wear the team out - or worse break them - before Christmas.

At this point we can only hope but honestly, my hope is fading.

cheke64 likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Having Harden and Westbrook on the court during clutch playoff moments brings up a HUGE dilemma:

How can you possibly keep the ball away from BOTH of them?

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

While y'all are playing checkers, Morey is playing chess. Literally. He's literally playing chess. This isn't a metaphor or analogy.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is no good. Rockets are trash as front runners. Rockets work best as the "we will show you" type. I need a cup to whine about..

I'm glad this is reminding people what the Rockets have after making no moves.

amaru and RayRay10 like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Bleacher Report is the real trash here. Their "writers" are high school bloggers.

The only good thing about BR is Game of Zones (and whatever the NFL one is).

They really shouldn't write sports opinion pieces (or factual pieces for that matter), except that they attract tens of thousand of social media comments for making Skip Bayless look like Stephen Hawking.

11. likestohypeguy

Why is JH at the club instead of practicing his midrange turnaround?!

Williamson likes this.
  12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Westgate title odds updated

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2019-20 NBA Championship updated<br><br>LAC 3/1<br>Mil 4/1<br>LAL 6/1<br>Phi 7/1<br>GS, Hou 10/1<br>Uta 12/1<br>Den 14/1<br>Bos 20/1<br>Por 25/1<br>Bkn 30/1<br>Ind, Dal 40/1<br>SAS 50/1<br>Tor, Mia, Sac 80/1<br>OKC, NO, Orl 100/1<br>NYK, Atl, Chi, Det, Phx 200/1<br>Min, Mem 300/1<br>Wsh 500/1<br>Cha, Cle 1000/1</p>&mdash; Jeff Sherman (@golfodds) <a href="">July 6, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

D-rock likes this.
  13. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

But I was told just a few minutes ago in another thread that we were 6th or 7th in the west according to “Vegas”.

We have a good team. But the real challenge is that all other moves to improve depth require the luxury tax, and there is zero history to support that as a viable option

14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

The world would be a better place if our GM restrained the urge to reveal the insecure complex and retweet a meaningless post from B/R.

Would be even better if actual fireworks were delivered.

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The article is just aggregating the projected WaR of each teams starting 5.

In reality, I'm not sure that the LA teams even know what their starting 5 will be at this point. Same for the Warriors.

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

the one thing that I think people are overlooking (particulary bc of the "reports" that there is discourse) is that rockets will have 2 years of experience playing with one another whereas most of the top teams are going to try to develop team chemistry
    I think that is going to give rockets and edge, but they will have to get out to a good start and build a lead while other teams are trying to figure things out

clutchdabear likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

A lineup so good, that he almost traded half of it, for Jimmy Butler.

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Y’all, some hatin ass MFers. How about y’all turn in y’all Rockets fan card?

eliefor3 likes this.
  19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Just curious - - while a balanced exchange, why would Minny say, 'Yes'?

Gray_Jay likes this.
  20. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Because they're in the East and thus probably way more likely to make the Finals