1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Daryl Morey on 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

I think decision has been made, but he does not want to say it directly, maybe he is worried about fan reaction. I think JL may still start some games depending on the teams and lineup, but notice that he said 100% sure they will play Jlin and PB together a lot, which means they will let Jlin play with the 2nd unit more, but also he said that they will be in a lot of closings, which means it is not like that they are pushing JL to the 2nd unit because they think he is not playing well or anything like that. Hopefully, everyone is used in the right way.

2. Baruch

Baruch Member

DH is not going to be the secondary option?
    I thought Jeremy is not starting any time soon. :confused:

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Morey starts at 18:45

<iframe width="670" height="377" scrolling="no" src="http://www.sports790.com/player/embed.html?autoStart=false&useFullScreen=true&mid=23911269&startButtonColor=0xA33335&share=http%3A//www.sports790.com/media/podcast-proper-gentlemen-podcast-propergentlemen/thursday-october-31st-2013-2-23911269/&podcastFeed=propergentlemen.xml&programName=podcast" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" ></iframe>

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Thanks for that, they said it a weekly thing so hopefully someone in the h-town community can remember

5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Thanks.

That was a pretty boring interview. It's already fading from my mind. Only interesting thing he said was that their metrics graded the team's performance higher than their eyes.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

These guys Lance and Adam are clueless as to what to ask Morey. Very little to infer from his interviews

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Link from this morning's interview with Morey-

http://www.sports790.com/media/podc...views/rockets-gm-daryl-morey-on-pgs-23941923/

-Some notes-

-Early signs are with the big lineup they actually should be rebounding better
    -Morey actually thinks they haven't put together a real quality game yet, which is actually promising how good this team will be
    -Talked about communication with McHale with Lineups, and their input. Working alot off of feel early rather than stats.
    -Asked about Lin/Bev rotation and his thoughts... nothing surprising. Just positives on both sides.
    -Sounds like Hoiberg actually gave them a legit warning about Royce White and they knew there was a good chance what happened was more probable than not, and took the chance anyways
    -McHale used to refer to the end of the bench as the "Clown Squad" a few years ago (not sure who he's referring to specifically though).

Reg Lakers-
    -Pau has always been better as a center & better when everything is run through him
    -Kobe injury- something like 90% of players with this injury dont come back nearly the player they were before

#87 dobro1229, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  9. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

10. conquistador#11

lol the clown squad? he had to be talking about morris and hill, was hill even on the team by then. seems like a lifetime ago

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah my bad. The title said Dave on PGS, which I took to mean PGs. I failed.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

McHales first year had him coaching this team-

8 Jeff Adrien
    6 Earl Boykins
    10 Chase Budinger
    29 Marcus Camby
    21 Samuel Dalembert
    3 Goran Dragic
    9 Jonny Flynn
    9 Courtney Fortson
    27 Jordan Hill
    5 Courtney Lee
    7 Kyle Lowry
    12 Kevin Martin
    2 Marcus Morris
    25 Chandler Parsons
    54 Patrick Patterson
    4 Luis Scola
    0 Greg Smith
    32 Hasheem Thabeet
    1 Terrence Williams

I would be willing to bet that a certain someone with the last name Williams is probably the main culprit here, but I'm just guessing. Morris spent a good amount of the year in RGV along with Greg Smith. There aren't too many other guys that would seem to be big trouble makers. Even Jordan Hill, while not being the smartest cat in the world, hasn't ever been know to be a real problem in the locker room from what we hear.

13. conquistador#11

you're right all the tentacles point to squid. i had trained my thoughts to believe twill was never a rocket.

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

The only positive I took from him being a rocket was he always seemed to have good 2k trade value.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

terrence williams and johnny flynn would be my guess.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

And that roster morphed into this roster? Oh,my. Must have been by blind luck... :grin:

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

18. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Interesting, Lin and not Dwight would be expected to step in and take care of scoring load if Harden should ever miss a game. I feel like I've been duped by DH, his role should be our primary or secondary scoring option in any game situation.

19. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

So I guess we know who is envisioned as the number 2 option in Houston!

20. Play07

Play07 Member

yes and when he was asked there was no mention of parsons either... don’t see him trading lin anytime soon with that mentality that he is our (2nd option) over DH & parsons, just to think CF was going back in forth who was the third option out of parsons & lin… well GM thinks otherwise…