1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 17, 2013.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he did not play 40

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He said Terry and Brewer played 40...and they did exactly in total.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

JVG will never call for a fellow coaches job

4. Rocketeer4Life

This team is built with the wrong cast of players using Morey's philosophy of taking 3s. When Patrick Beverly is the best 3 point shooter in the team, there's a big problem. This is just one of the many problems this team has...

5. dmoneybangbang

Well obviously the GM. But if you pay attention to the league, position-less basketball is the new norm.

Spurs and GSW are essentially following our lead or the other way (if it matters to me) but their personnel are better due to a combination of better organizations, better draft positions, and old fashion luck.

It's just a natural human reaction for most people to just blame. Some folks just are too emotional for this game.

6. dmoneybangbang

^^^ if it matters who started positionless basketball and emphasis on efficiency.

7. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Ding ding ding!!! This is accurate.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

So, instead of innovating we are now copy cats? Do the Spurs play positionless? Or the Warriors?

No, they don't.

Parker- PG
    Green - SG
    Kawhi - SF
    Aldridge - PF
    Duncan - C

Warriors.

Curry - PG
    Thompson - SG
    Barnes - SF
    Green - PF
    Bogut - C

Ah, so it is emotional and not rational which is your weak minded attempt at ignoring it.

I on the other hand view it as accountability, we are going to hold leadership accountable for this mess - that is what rational people do.

:)

DD

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Les Alexander's. He should have made you GM years ago.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

No, you want to have it both ways. You can't get on Morey for treating players like assets, then get mad at him when he does all he can to keep the band together. You want to assert yourself as the smartest person in the room at all times, and the best way to do that is blame others.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So we could have a championship team of Brooks, Jordan Hill, Von Wafer, PPat, and Papanikolau?

12. basketballholic

Do you think there's any chance we release Terrence Jones in the next week in order for another team to pick him up and Les save a couple million in luxury taxes?

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You have it wrong, people are judged upon their results. I was NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER in favor of keeping Smith or Brewer.

I was in favor of Lawson, though, I thought our coaches would have a plan in place for using him, which they did not.

And, I NEVER wanted McHale either, so for me, Morey has made tons of mistakes that have been building up to this mess.

DD

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The mess that got us into the WCFs after 20 years.

If Morey were a stock you'd be stupid to dump him right now.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No, way, I am not nearly qualified for that - but I do know basketball and how pieces fit together - and I know how important a good coach is and how that you can get more out of your players by being one.

The Rockets were better under Adelman with less individual talent, but he had a working system and an ability to get more out of less talented players.

Morey ran him off - remember forcing Finch on him as a prerequisite to staying?

You can't have it both ways, Morey is accountable, I have been saying that for the entire year - just because you and others like him, doesn't mean you are correct in that he has proven he can build a franchise team.

Because so far, his results have been good, to bad, sort of in the middle.

You have good ones, Lowry trade, and bad ones, Terrance Williams for a 1st round pick.

IMHO, I would KEEP him IF....IF, he committed to getting a GREAT coach, like Thibs - because otherwise we are simply going in circles.

And why are you so protective of any negative thing about Morey, can you acknowledge one thing he has done you don't like?

How about Brewer....come on that was stupid bidding against himself for 8m a year...right? RIGHT?

He needs a basketball guy that is above him, or equal to him, someone that understands the "Fit" of players - we need our Jerry West.

And the goal is not the WC finals and getting blown out ...it is to be a contender.

DD

16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Obvious, Morey should be kicked out of this team, we need a new start!

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

rockets under adelman were still a .500 team and btw the players he had were more versatile offensively then what this roster fields. way too many players that are dependent on one player to make a basketball move let alone play.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This team fluked into the WCF by playing on false energy from Harden and Josh Smith 3s in a clipper game.

There is a reason the same cast can't even make the playoffs with an injury free season.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

BTW - I do agree with Baitman Jones, that Le$ is far and away the biggest problem, but we can't get rid of him, and Morey's mistakes are glaring as far as chemistry and coaching are concerned that it is time for him to go, or do what we did to Adelman put a Basketball guy with him.

DD

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Adelman would not be running Iso Iso Iso, he would have a more varied attack.

DD