1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on 610

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 10, 2010.

1. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

You're right, and that bothers me :grin:

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He doesn't, but Joe Internet here clearly does.

1 person likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, because basketball is a very tough and complex thing CH....ROFLMAO !!!!

It is not Rocket science.......there are lots of people who understand the game very well who are not IN the professional ranks of it.

DD

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You should have created a new thread.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Wasn't there a thread that had a poll asking which would coach the Rockets better- JVG or the BBS assisstants? Time to revive that one.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So if it's not that tough and complex, why shouldn't Morey understand "when the schemes are the problem and not the players"?

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Weird that Les would pay Morey and Adelman so much when he can hire BBS posters for pretty much free.

1 person likes this.
  8. DaDakota

I don't know, I am asking the question, does he get it?

He is clearly a smart guy, I am hopeful that he sees what is going on out there, but most of the interviews he is focusing on the players, maybe that is because those are the questions that are being asked, but there are a lot of scheme issues right now, and the lack of a set rotation 4 games into the regular season is downright dissappointing, that is what preseason is for...right?

I am hardly free......and weird that you would focus on me rather than the topic at hand.....well actually it is typical of you.

DD

9. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

this :grin:

10. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

How dare you say BBS posters work for free! Especially the guy who put up more than 70k posts here is definitely not nobody. ;)

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Actually.. he responded to Carl... so technically he wasn't focused on you ;)

Morey's forays on the radio are about promotion... not giving away what's going on behind the scenes. Being disappointed in his interview is rather silly. Be disappointed if we go 0-16 to start the season.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Les should pay us according to our post counts then. A dollar for every post. DD would make a tenth of vet min?

13. Mr. Clutch

All I know is that this forum has WAAAY more knowledge than Adelman and Morey. Seriously, why hasn't Les Alexander harnessed the coaching prowess of this BBS?

Combined, I'm sure we have DAYS of little league coaching experience.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree that Morey did seem a bit too calm in that interview and should be calling out Scola for his horrible defense, and the terrible coaching schemes in the past 3 games, but the last thing you want to do if you are a GM is seem panicky after four games.

I am positive though that behind closed doors Morey and Les are rightfully ticked. They put together a team that has all the tools the coaching staff needs to be a playoff team.

If they blow up this season and win 20 games its not Morey or Les' fault, its the coaching staff and the players. If Morey calls out the coaches then it will be something Rick Adelman just might not be able to handle at his age and his pedigree with what he has acomplished. Morey is not Larry Bird, Jordan, or even Danny Ferry. He never played in the NBA so anything basketball related he has no say in publicly and knows that.

If Morey panicks and makes a rash move it will forever be on his resume and will follow him forever if he ever wants another job in the NBA.

15. DaDakota

Thanks, and honestly it will be Morey's biggest challenge.

This is the organization he built, this is the coach he hired, these are the players he put together, and he is the boss.

The buck stops there.

DD

16. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

Morey gave a perfect interview, he didn't give anything away. Actually, it's part of his job. Nothing to see here.

17. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Honestly I don't think the GM should be micro managing who plays and who doesn't, and how much and when. If it gets to the point where Morey thinks Adelman is consistently playing the wrong people to the point that Morey needs to be telling him who plays, how much, and when, then he gets another coach who he feels will do a better job. I don't think we are close to that point yet just four games in, despite the reasons for concern that the 0-4 start have raised.

18. DaDakota

Fair enough.....let's see if changes happen on the court.

DD

19. Mr. Clutch

Welp, he did say what a lot of us suspected- that the defense is the problem. So the people calling for lineup changes to add offense haven't been watching the games.

And Battier is still our best defender on the perimeter.

20. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Morey isnt one of them. I suggest he burn his "mathematical" formulas, eat some humble pie and actually listen to what the coach wants.