1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on 610

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 10, 2010.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It got close to Closing Time and with Booze still in the bar he suddenly looked worth taking home. Then they awakened the next morning. Ouch. :grin:

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Brad Miller's deal could, within realistic bounds, become insurance covered. Micro-fracture surgery, even the lighter version BM described, and a return by 1/12? I wonder what docs might say.

The Rox structure probably only would allow one deal to be effected if cap space superceded 25% rule (new CBA etc, I gotcha, who knows?) but one deal might be the catalyst for a brighter future. :confused:

3. Chris Jent MVP

is this the same reality that says aaron brooks is better than kyle lowry ???

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

So you've never been wrong about a player evaluation? I know I have. I get that DD went out on a limb with his Lowry-AB comments, but he's had more than his fair share of ridicule since. Bringing that up anytime he post now is ridiculous.

5. Chris Jent MVP

normally i would agree, but if he is going to accuse others of not being with reality, especially people MUCH smarter than himself, then it's fair game. he is displaying arrogance when he is in no position to do so.

and yes, i've been wrong before, but i'm not afraid to admit my errors or change my mind. i don't invest myself into arguments. i don't have a burning desire to be RIGHT, i just like to discuss and learn things. i consider reasonability to be a virtue.

6. PeppermintCandy

Having John Wall as a cornerstone and another couple of lottery picks in the coming seasons is worth a few losing seasons for the Wizards. If that were the situation for the Rockets, wouldn't you think so too?

Of course there's no guarantee that lottery picks work out. And as I've stated before, this year's weak draft makes Cleveland's chances of building a contender an even bigger crapshoot. But on most years, you'd have to be pretty excited for a team that ends up with the #1 and #4 pick of the draft, which was the point of my original post.

And I never understood seeing the miserable history of the Clippers as evidence that getting high draft picks is not a good way to build a team. The Clippers' problems are due to having a mismanaged, inconsistent franchise with a poor owner, not because of they went to the lottery well once too often.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually they had pretty similar years when they got the starting gig, let's hope that Kyle doesn't get injured and sidetracked like AB did.

DD

8. Chris Jent MVP

lowry had a rough start to this season as well, coming into camp out of shape and having back problems. i found that to be very disappointing, but he was able to bounce back, just in time to take the reigns when ab went down.

hey i like brooks too. maybe if he had a coach that let him get the proper rest he needed (or even forced him to rest if he insisted on playing), he might have had a better season.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

How much stinkin' is OK? Ask a Clips fan, if you can find one. Is mediocrity better? At least there is hope; some fun along the way.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What was your other screen name?

1 person likes this.