1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on 1560am 8/4/2009 8:10am

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 3, 2009.

1. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I don't know if you're trying to be funny, or what, but I didn't write those words, and I don't appreciate you trying to make it look like I did.

I DID read your recap, but am not sure if you read mine or not, because in the 1st sentence I stated that I heard things differently than some others. You are included in "some others". Our posts have slightly different info on some parts, and slightly conflicting info on others. So it's not even CLOSE to a duplicate post, and I know your recap isn't perfectly verbatim because I heard it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

where are our 1560 guys?? I need a podcast people! ;) You have slacked off today!!

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DaDakota again."

4. Prince

Prince Member

Morey should make announcement of Clutchfans first instead of Twitter.

5. Prince

Prince Member

oops.. i meant he should make announcements here in this website instead of twitter.

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Thats the one quote that really got my attention. Kinda makes you think that Tracy may never wear a rockets uniform again.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am sorry rfrocket, I thought you missed it. You are right it was not verbatim at all, summarized as listened to.

Again, my apologies.....I was trying to be funny.

DD- FT Fail....

#167 DaDakota, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think this is what the announcement will look like.

9. Knight

Knight Member

Putting 2 and 2 together... :)

10. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

No biggie. We're cool. Just one big Rocket family.

peace.

11. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I will be pissed. LOL.

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Easy there, guys! Dude hasn't even played in his first NBA training camp yet, and you're ready to ship him off to Europe?!?! Morey makes a brief comment about Taylor not picking up on some terminology, and everyone jumps off the deep end. Jermaine was playing for a team that drafted him less than two weeks previous and was playing with a hamstring injury. Also, he was pretty much the ONLY player on the summer league team immediately having to make the transition from being his team's first, second and third scoring option to simply being a rotation player on a talented team.

How about we let him work out in Houston for the remainder of the summer, get into training camp with a better understanding of "NBA terminology" and get to work with Adelman for a month of training camp and preseason games. Sure, he may spend a little time in The Valley, but I'm guessing that Morey and Les spent that money on his draft rights because he's proven his worth over four seasons at UCF and won't cast that aside based on one week of playing injured on a totally new team with little to no preparation.

2 people like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Kudos for some sanity, as per usual. :cool:

14. rivo

rivo Member

his recap has a few mistakes, including this. actually as i hear, morey said andersen's matter would be done this week OR NEXT WEEK.

so morey's announcement this week could not be about andersen.

15. worzel gummidge

Stromile said he had trouble understanding JVG's "terminology" during training sessions.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

by that logic it would mean morey thinks the andersen signing is on another level from the rafer/lowry trade. and from the nonchalant way that morey talked about the andersen deal then i would tend to think it won't be this announcement.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hey, somebody's gotta take Radio's* place. :D

* Vohawk