1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Daryl Morey needs to face the music

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koopa, May 11, 2011.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

you mean an injured tmac and yao and nothing besides battier and hayes to a deeper team with quality role guys, developing youth, picks and more cap flexibility.

we've upgraded the 1,2 and 4 spots significantly and made a non-existant bench one of the better ones in the league.

2. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

We have TWO players above 30. And the oldest guy turned 31 last month.

Not to mention I still don't know why Brooks has the higher potential than Dragic when Dragic is younger and taller. Even the Suns fans will tell you that Dragic is allright, the problem is his lack of confidence at times. Aaron had the exact opposite problem.

4. NMS is the Best

I believe the OP suffers from TTS (terrible thread syndrome). Let us all try to be kind and understanding of his condition.

3 people like this.
  5. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

"Aging core" lmao.

Have dumber words ever been uttered on here?

6. pge71188

pge71188 Member

CLASSIC!!!! wish i could rep

7. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Thank you for this, I needed something to laugh at today and your post was top notch comedy from the very first letter.

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iz5AVYyj3gI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG]

10. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I wanted to stop reading after the "good core" part....

Morey came in at 2006 and took over late 2007. The team he inherited was...

Alston/Spanoulis/Lucas III/ Sura (injured
    McGrady/Head/Snyder
    Battier/Wells/Novak
    Hayes/Padgett/Howard
    Yao/Mutumbo/Tsakalidis

The two "All stars" are either injured or barely effective as of now. Of the rest, Head/Novak/Battier/Howard are playing for a different team and only Battier's really contributing. Hayes improved and stayed with the Rockets....

I'm still trying to figure out where this team of 2 all stars and a good core is? I'm also trying to figure out where New York screwed us? We traded McGrady and Landry, got back Martin and a future draft pick. It could've been more, but too bad? We got a pick for Battier, someone that we probably can't resign in the offseason in order to let Bud play. In order to "SIGN BIG PLAYERS," there's this thing called a SALARY CAP. You get stars in one of three ways: through the draft (you have to really lose to do this effectively), through free agency (again, salary cap), or trade (which is a two way deal). What does this have anything to with an accounting payroll? Do you even know how this works? If you're a fan since 1995, and I assume you can't be a fan if you're not at least 3 years old, so you've got to at least be an "adult" by now? While I don't agree with some of Morey's moves, I live with it since it's his call and not mine. His reasoning have more input and through than me, and I actually study the facts. I'm just not sure what this rambling is all about. I think Rick Adelman himself would have more reasons to give credit to Morey....

11. Garner

Garner Member

I love when posters voluntarily drop themselves into this tier of online personalities.

Good luck ever posting again without being reminded of this little gem.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Let me repeat TopFive-

Are you High???

-Two superstars???... You mean Tracy McGrady(did you see him with the Pistons this year??.... is that what you call a superstar???)
    and Yao(Im still wearing a walking boot)Ming????

-The fact that Morey traded the corpse of Tracy McGrady and Carl Landry for Kevin Martin and basically a first round pick is still amazing to this day... Even considering they missed out on the Knicks pick swap and Jordan Hill is still just raw upside talent and has not developed how he should have.

-Ariza(long contract) for Courtney Lee (better player+good contract) is still a wonderful trade.

-Lowry- Great trade and even better contract signing.

-Patterson- 14th pick in a relatively weak draft.... steal

-Brooks for Dragic +1st rd pick - right now looks like a steal, only time will tell if Brooks returns to form and the 1st round pick turns into a real player to compare.

-Battier for 1st rd pick and Thabeet - again has yet to be determined, however Battier was gone for nothing at the end of the season that they werent likely going to the playoffs to begin with... still the right move to make.

-This is truely the first season that Morey has the ability to truely build this team the way he wants to, and I think its only fair that fans judge the results of the next 2 or 3 seasons rather than the LAST 2 which were almost completely out of his control.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Garbage thread is garbage!

14. Village Bum

Village Bum Member

The OP has been thoroughly shat on.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

OP also provided us with this wonderful thread , so we shouldn't be surprised.

If he thinks Ariza > Lee, no wonder he has no faith in what Morey is doing.

16. dtk0010

dtk0010 New Member

Injuries? Team dynamic? Come on man we tried. We're turning the page now.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

Aging core? Aside from Scola and MArtin(who we can easily deal) this team is very young.

18. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

NAILED IT! NIIIICE :)

19. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Not a troll but a bandwagoner! Where were you in 92!?!?!?!?! :p

20. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Probably in the, Buck Johnson and Dan Godfread are some of the integral pieces of this franchise bandwagon.