1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey needs to face the music

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koopa, May 11, 2011.

1. koopa

koopa Member

From 2 all stars and a good core to 1 ailing allstar and an aging core. Losing Tmac, Landry, Ariza, Artest, Aaron Brooks, Shane Battier and now Rick Adelman for basically nothing. Let me guess, he's gonna use his money pinching amazing moves and get rid of Kevin Martin or Scola next season for nothing again? That'll turn this team to the Minnesota Timberwolves. I'm getting sick of his MIT graduate 'smarter than thou'
    attitude but yet get screwed by NY knicks and memphis. This is the NBA, not economics. Sign BIG players for the big bucks they deserve! Let me repeat, his cutting costs is COSTING the rockets BIG since they're losing all their asset players for cheaper players. Looks great on accounting payroll but he can't attract any good players or coaches now and that HURTS the most.

The potential coaches are choosing the best out of 3 evils: Lawrence Frank, Mchale and Casey? All losing coaches. IF i were to choose, I'd choose Lawrence Frank, but I'm sure and putting my money that Daryl will make this simple decision wrong again and choose Mchale as head coach.

IF we were all to know this were to be the hall of fame coaching list available we would have stuck with Rick Adelman who's one of the winningest coaches in the nba record. Instead, they are given 3 losing coaches to choose from.

HInt Hint daryl morey, if you didn't make the team so unattractive, the hall of famer coaches would have been available for interviews like they have been in the past. However, you've made this team so unattractive that only losing coaches are available and you basically got nothing in the 2010 free agent sweepstakes. Defeats the purpose of cutting costs to getting someone good in the agency when they're all contracted up by other teams. This is Simply how i feel : -__-

I'm not a troll..i've been a rocket fan since 95. Let's get rid of our egos and admit you're wrong Daryl Morey. The only way I can applaud Daryl is if his goal in 2011 is lottery driven.

1 person likes this.
  2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Congratulations on a post with out facts.

2 people like this.
  3. koopa

koopa Member

Please just simply look at the lineup pre-morey years and see the allstars in there and compare those lineups with the current lineup under daryl morey. That will be enough facts for you.

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Tmac couldn't even play. :rolleyes: He is my all time favorite, but trading him was no mistake. While we all loved Landry, he was a horrible rebounder and defender. I'm not the biggest Kevin Martin (I actually don't like him), but saying we traded Tmac and Landry for "nothing" is really ignorant.

Ab for nothing? He's a one dimension player. Goran Dragic is a steal.

Artest walked off in FA. Couldn't be helped.

Ariza is a bonehead. Courtney Lee was another Steal.

Everyone hated Battier until now that he's traded. :rolleyes:

As for Rick, I think everyone agrees it was time to part ways.

I'm not a Morey lover. We've been waiting years for a center/back up center and he hasn't delivered. Last summer he PROMISED us an All-Star. He still has a lot to do, but the trades you have mentioned were great trades, not mistakes or trades "for nothing".

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

For future reference, I think we should call a dumb, ranting post that is the intellectual equivalent of diarrhea "a koopa." As in, "there were several koopa threads after the tough loss on Friday." So, well done! You've made your runny, stinky mark on the BBS today!

4 people like this.
  6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Tmac: Washed up
    Yao Ming: Injured
    Artest: Wanted to be a Laker

none of that is Morey's fault

While I admit he needs to bring us better talent asap.

7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

So it's Morey's fault that Yao's feet can't support his body anymore, and it's his fault that T Mac opted for microfracture without telling the team? It's his fault he had over 40 million sitting on the bench?

Kyle Lowry> Rafer Alston
    Kevin Martin> Tmac on the bench
    Chase Budinger-Shane Battier (TBD)
    Luis Scola>Juwan Howard
    Chuck Hayes>Yao on the bench

You are a Rockets fan since 1995? Bandwagoner!

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Two all-stars on the team that Daryl Morey inherited, Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady. Both are far from all-stars today.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i actually tried to give your "argument" a chance and agree with it...now my head hurts and i feel dumber

10. koopa

koopa Member

Okay bonehead this bonehead that..ok the boneheads are gone..but they were trade assets. Now tell me who is a tradeable asset other than Kevin Martin in the team? Who can we get for him? Jason Terry...that's not much of a difference maker right there. Has daryl morey signed anyone great? Not even one. He's been here for 4 years and the team started attractive with 2 all stars and a great core and he basically traded the core away for nothing in terms of not getting another above average player like iguodala or even a single allstar. Things look bleak now, there's no more all star we can trade for with the current core we have. Goran Dragic can't be traded for as much as Aaron Brooks could be since AB's potential is much higher than Dragic.

11. Ricksmith

[​IMG]

12. koopa

koopa Member

Keep telling yourself the rockets are better off now than back then. But back then the potential coaches after JVG were all winners. But now the potential coaches for rockets are all losing coaches. Does that shed a light for you or are you going to spin the facts again?

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey's mission when he came in was to provide good enough players to compliment Yao and Tracy. Then injuries hit...He didn't even have the option of dealing Yao. Still we almost took out the Lakers (and most likely an NBA title) before Yao went down this last time. DM has navigated his way though Yao and Tracy with chains on ...and he's kept us flexible/ flush with assets.
    The guy has done an extraordinary job and now as we enter this next phase, I have full confidence in him returning the Rockets where we should be. It's going to take more patience, but he'll get it done.

14. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

this.

15. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

my god there is so much fail in this thread.

the concept of an injury seems to just pass the OP by...

16. joesr

joesr Member

Should say some....everyone I talk ball with is happy he outta here. Happy he is in the playoffs and happy he isnt soaking up minutes anymore. The Rockets are so much funner to watch with Chase and Lee getting more minutes now that Battier isnt.

OP, maybe 1st contract cheaper player but sure as hell not a cheap payroll. We actually went into the LT this year, when was the last time we did that and not hit the playoffs....?

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Aging core? Are you high?

Lowry, 2Pat, Hill, Buddinger, Drago... these are YOUNG, talented players.

Hell, even Scola and Martin are relatively young compared to Juwan Howard, Wesley, Mutombo, Alston, Bonzi, Francis 2: The Sequel, etc.

18. Ricksmith

What facts did I "spin?" And how is Morey supposed to 'Sign BIG players for the big bucks they deserve!" when our 2 "stars" tied up any cap space? This is the 1st season without 2 max contracts sitting on the bench, give the man some time.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I've been critical of Morey (mainly over delaying rebuilding), but some of these things were beyond his control. Yao & TMac's injuries weren't Morey's fault. Geez.

20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

This is why you shouldnt drink your own urine