1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey meeting Marcin Gortat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket Guy, Jun 30, 2009.

1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

me tooo

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I was told Marcin is very upset at one particular mail he just received:

1 person likes this.
  3. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Heres what i sent. What do yall think

Marcin we could really use you here in houston. We all love your game and the Rockets have the best fans in the league and heres a website to prove it www.clutchfans.net the people in the forums including me all think your the missing piece to the puzzle of the Rockets bringing back the tittle to H-Town!!! Come to Houston and help us dethrone those Fakers that we took to 7 games and would have most likely beat if Yao was healthy.
    We also love cars here in Houston and we all would love to see your BMW cruising or speeding through the Houston streets :)

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Just sent the email, if thats all i can do to help the Rockets.
    Dear Mr. Gortat,

Houston would love to have you in Red and white, we think with your help we could be pushed to the upper echelon and be championship contenders, we all saw what you did during the regular season, playoffs and finals and we would love for you to be a part of our organization. Hope all is well and congrats for deep post season run. Hope to see you at Toyota center in Red.

5. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5800027750

Rockets' General Manager Daryl Morey rang the door bell at Gortat's Orlando-area home at 12:01 AM July 1 - otherwise known as the beginning of the free agent frenzy - as part of a personal gesture to express Houston's desire to bring the big man into the fold. The Rockets have had Gortat on their radar screen since the midway point of the '08-09 season, when they - like many around the league - noticed the 25-year old post player regularly flashing his potential in the paint.

6. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

You'd be joining an upper echelon franchise Marcin, the coaching, management, city, fans, and big time car dealerships and night scene are ready to welcome you with open arms. We'd love to have you and hope you will consider. Thank you.

Moe

Houston by way of Egypt

7. CajunHorn

CajunHorn Member

I emailed him the dorkiest message. Hope his English isn't too good. Maybe he'll just figure that he has fans on the Rockets already and move on to signing a contract.

8. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

That was really good i wish i woulda gotten into some of the things you got into now that i read yours :(

9. faraza84

faraza84 Member

bro your sig is hilarous props

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Hope that the Magic throw money at Hedo and won't have much left for gortat.

And Morey will certainly hint to Gortat that the starting C job maybe his to lose because of Yao's uncertainty.

I'm beginning to think there's more to it then meets the eye on the timing of this revelation about Yao.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I like Gortat, but i would rather pursue a guy like Deandre Jordan or Marc Gasol via trade because they will save the mle.

12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Are we talking mid-level money???

14. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Ite son. This is howzz its goin down. You gortatzizzle is gonna sign with the greatest team in the history of life. the Rockets. Now if you dont. I will stalk you. And i will make noises when you go to sleep and scare you,haunt you, un till you demand a trade to the Rockets. I will give your beloved super fast car a Rockets paint job. I will **** you over mr.gortat. Thank you for your time.

I have not sent it yet. I was going to ask my fellow clutchfan members what they think about it first. ;)

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

So you rather go after 2 players that are hard to get, instead of use the MLE?

Good Logic

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Dear Mr. Gortat:

As I had hoped, the Rockets are pursuing you as their top free agent target. I have been a Rockets fans since I was a kid and have always loved this team. I’m hoping that as you pursue your next contract that you choose our team as your next destination. As you heard, Yao Ming has a possible career ending injury. It seems that Yao won’t play this year according to reports. I think you would fit our team perfectly since you have a few qualities that make you a very intriguing prospect plus a possible fan favorite. Our team needs someone who is dedicated and will play defense. We have a no tolerance policy on not allowing lay-ups (just ask Artest). Your defensive instincts are very good. The reason I like you as a player is because you are well trained in fundamentals meaning blocking out and getting rebounds and not jumping everytime your opponent hopes to bait you into a pump fake. Also, your offensive ability would allow this team to be a lot better in transition game. Along with Luis Scola, you would fit our frontcourt very well since both of you can run the court quite well for big men. Most importantly, the dedication and love you have for the game of basketball make you a perfect team for a team that is willing to sacrifice their body for an extra possession.

Mr. Gortat, I hope you not only consider the Rockets but that you sign. We need a center and you fit the mold of the type of players this city looks for in Rockets basketball.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I dont think Jordan would be hard to get nor gasol seeing they just drafted thabeet.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So... anyone speaks Polish in here?

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Real Men of Genius salutes the arm-chair GM who hangs out on message boards, yet is smarter than the REAL hotshot GM!

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Someone needs to send him a photoshop of how he would look in red :).

1 person likes this.