1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey is so underrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Feb 18, 2016.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Classic DD

I'm not overjoyed about this move but it's not about money and never has been with Les. You are off of your rocker. We are well OVER the luxury tax line and the savings from this trade actually pushed us down from the hard cap, which is helpful if there are any other deals that Morey might have wanted to pull off today.

We'll see what D-Mo gets in free agency, but it sounds like the Pistons were going to overpay him. It would not be wise for a Rockets team with a prime James Harden to tie up what I guess will be at least 10, if not 15 million on the questionable health of Motiejunas.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Making fun of you is sort of like making fun of Donald Trump.

The punchlines write themselves.

I could of course find about a zillion posts in the past of you haranguing Morey for getting rid of "first round assets" like they're frozen magic unicorn embryos - but what would be the point?

You're a caricature of yourself, keep bloviating and venting, maybe you will earn one of your timeouts.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As always, Daryl is a step ahead of the fans...

1 person likes this.
  4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

if the Rockets are keeping Dwight...NO reason to trade DMo who clearly has a ton of value over garbage like TJones.

But trading DMo and Thornton...is a lateral move (at its best case scenario). Getting draft picks are fine...but we should be in championship now or bust...AND not about shaping up for the future.

Hoping for another move, but this was a bad deal for the Rockets for this season.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There can be only one DM in H town,

perfectly fitting the other DM will be traded by another DM.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm kinda of done with Morey at the moment. I'm tired of not be able to root for a player for more than a couple years at a time. When is the last time we kept a player after their rookie contract? Scola doesn't count. His rookie contract was short and we amnestied him right after he signed his deal.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Always fun to watch DD walk around all year making broad proclamations as if he is the godfather of basketball, then watching reality smack him in the face with an epic meltdown in tow.

8. thiefery

thiefery Member

Maybe it was just us fans that thought DMO was a star in the making, since apparently the rest of the NBA didn't. Just want the deadline to get here already...

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Oh please

I don't care for the trade much but what scares me is Murray has shown to be a mediocre to poor first round drafter with busts like WHite, Dekker and guys like mook over Kawhi

I don't have much confidence in 1st round picks under Morey

10. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

"You have to be the one to find the Donatas Motiejunas, not the one that gives the Donatas Motiejunas the monies." - Morey

**** you Morey... guess it had to be done but we really need to start seeing some results this team is a dumpster fire.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Wheels have fallen off..

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The pick will be traded obviously.

13. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Why keep him at this point? He was not helping us win games (be in championship mode). We need players that are playing to help us turn this around and win some games. We probably were not going to be able to afford him this summer anyway. We got a good pick to package with other players. I liked DMo for the most part, but dude was not healthy. Gotta move on now.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Holy shizt! You just went full r****d.

DMo has the best post game in the league?
    A pick likely to be in the 8-16 range as "NOTHING"
    Not recognizing that this season is over, that DMo's career as a Rocket was likely over with it?

Full r****d, man.

15. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Retool or rebuild, I say rebuild.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Let's hope so

17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I like the trade. SVG traded for both Reggie Jackson and Tobias Harris in back to back deadlines. He didn't give up a draft pick at all. Morey managed to get a draft pick from SVG for DMO who has played like 10 games in the past 80 games or something.

How does a GM manage to get a draft pick for someone who hasn't played? Meanwhile no draft pick for either Harris or Jackson who more or less were much more valuable at their current times than Dmo is now.

GOOD trade. Disappointing realization.

We are all disappointed, but don't let that cloud the judgement of the value of a first round draft pick. I feel terrible for the guy we draft if we end up keeing that pick.... DD will hate him with a passion. (which is a good thing, no?)

18. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Who gives a crap about rooting for a mediocre player for an extended period of time. I'd rather root for a player like Howard for 3 years than a mediocre rotation player for 10.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

And a mid first rounder is a certain thing? We got Dekker last year with our mid first rounder. You prefer Dekker over DMo?

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Well, at least we can all agree that it wasn't his height that was forcing him to be such a terrible rebounder.