1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey is so overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Feb 23, 2015.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

dumping talent for picks so we don't have to pay up in july and shedding salary at the same time to boot. this is donald sterlingesque

2. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I'm tired of the constant movement of players. So frustrating.

3. Garner

Garner Member

until you take a second to breathe and realize the reason why Curry is on his bargain contract is because the Warriors were risk averse when assessing his glass ankles.

4. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

This is unbelievable. I'm in shock.

When I saw the rumored deal, I laughed and asked the Pistons to pass the blunt. The fact that we accepted with no other decent PF on the roster?!?

Dammit, I hope we aren't done. At this rate, there is no chance in hell Durant comes here. Dwight is leaving, the 4 is a complete sieve, the 1 is held by a guy that can never stay on the court, and the bench is awful.

I ask again, what exactly is it you sunshine pumpers see that is so good about this deal?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

They re-signed the guy - right?

In your scenario, the Rockets would have been able to do that with DMo - but they let him get to RFA...right, did the Warriors do that with Curry?

Case closed.

DD

6. Garner

Garner Member

My point was about risk aversion having its place, not the two scenarios following in exact parallel

Seriously though, we brought back a two time nba champion. what more do you want?

7. hakeemthagreat

Yea I think Morey's analytics & low ball tactics are running it's course and backfiring on him. He keeps selling the fans on the "future" by constantly acquiring all this cheap undeveloped talent, then when it comes to paying them he trades them and acquires more undeveloped talent. It's a never ending circle. You guys are just NOW seeing we've been going nowhere with the exception of last year

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DMo's injury must have been scarier than previously thought

Rocket River

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Are you not a fan of fantasy basketball for losers? In Maury We Trust!

10. Postcall

Postcall Member

Yall just need to be patient. Building a championship team cant be done in a year or two it clearly takes generations. Did you know that he took a team to the Western Conference finals? Remember you cant have generational talent without generational patience.

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Use your common sense, DMo's back may be very bad. Morey should know this better than you and me, he is not that stupid to give up a good player for nothing.

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Or Morey is dumber than we thought.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

After we dump Dmo for a pick and get Joel Anthony, I remember a lot of the Morey posts.

Is there ever a narrative where some people's idol is actually, maybe not so adept at the game he's never played?

14. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

He's still a top 3 GM right? Ok, well top 5 GM then? Oh wait, he's a low to middle GM everywhere beside ClutchFans? lulz.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

He's definitely top 30.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

There is no way we are tanking

#1 - our Sith Lord of an owner won't allow it .
    #2 - if we are ****ing tanking then why is Howard still here ? Trade him for whatever you can get , let Capela play , see what montrezl has to offer , prolly should have kept Dmo .

We aren't tanking and that is part of the problem . Howard isn't a legit #2 star anymore . Not when his defense has gone from elite to just good .

We need another guy to pair with James or for multiple other guys to step up and be really really good .

Last year Brewer was incredibly , dmo showed huge growth , smith was a huge playmaker for us, Dwight was as healthy as he'd been in Years during the playoffs.

A lot of us really like Dmo , a lot of people here are also idiots . We have no idea his back is and he could get injured next game and never play again . But the fact we got nothing for him this year eliminates the Possibility of him coming back and playing well for us .

17. Dream Shook

Dream Shook Member

There's still people who worship Maury like he's some kind of GM God?

Lmao, how many championships has he brought us with his wizardry?

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

They're gonna keep asking Hakeem to train our big guys only to trade them away.

I posted last year that maybe Sam Hinkie is the real genius behind Morey. Because ever since Hinkie left, Morey's trade deals have been unimpressive. Last move we had before Hinkie left was signing Howard.

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

This is one time i'm on Morey's side...

Why do something out of panic... Just sit back observe and wait until the end of the season.

Jones and DMo are too injury prone and there is no way you can take a chance on tying your salary with 2 players who can't stay healthy.

Morey should be looking at every player on the team.. I mean every player to see what he has and doesn't have.. Who wants to be here and who doesn't want to be here...

As DD and a lot of others have stated, his first move at the end of the season should be to hire a new coach... That should be the very first move, the front office has had enough time to figure out who they want.

The next thing is, the coach should evaluate the current roster to see who can fit his system and who is willing to sacrifice their individual stats for the team.

After that Morey needs to WORK with the new COACH to get the players in that will work within his system.

T_Man

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey and Les tandem can win a championship, small possibility.

It just takes them probably 20 years while a top duo can do it in 5-8 yrs with good moves.

They count on luck and luck has not always been on their side.

Alexander probably still dreams about the new Dream without going through the draft.