1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey interview this morning 1560

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shehzad23, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Shehzad23

Shehzad23 Member

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

1) tracy mcgrady will be back v. detroit or new york on the 25th or 26th

2) ron artest has a bone bruise and most likely will be out for another week. will get another CT scan to be sure

3) luther will be out another week

4) von wafer is everybody new favorite player and the interviewers compared him to flip murray on the out of nowhere emergence (in terms of scoring especially)

5) morey wants everyone back to show the depth he thought they had to start the year

that's the important things.

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

why is head out?

4. King901

King901 Member

Ankle/ foot injury i believe.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

plus morey said the team set guidelines physically for tracy to meet in order to come back in 2 weeks and he's meeting them.

personally, i feel that's dumb. the team is winning right now and let tracy do whatever he needs to do to get back without a deadline. the team just needs to keep monitoring him and see how hes moving in practice and then decide.

see him do some windmills in practice before letting him come back :D

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What's dumb about setting guidelines for McGrady to meet before coming back? As long as the Rockets win regularly, giving him a week or two more won't hurt anything.

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If they let T-Mac do what ever he wants then nothing will get done. He's the type of person that has to prodded. They obviously let him do what ever tracy needed to do on his rehab this offseason and it didn't work. I'm glad they are finally putting T-Macs feet to fire on his rehab. Finally we may get some closure on this. I would only let him play if he can dunk the ball on his cleaned out knee with completely no effort.

8. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Agree. TMac needs to be as close to 100% as he can be. But if he's meeting the goals they've set for him, then get his butt back on the court. I just hope the goals they set were actually somewhat hard to achieve.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why do they NEVER ask important questions like what are they going to do with Ron and Tmac when they get back?

Will they start, what about Wafer, etc?

DD

10. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I would rather McGrady just come back after the All-Star break.

11. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey has already stated that Artest will come off the bench.

As for asking questions, I've never understood how they pick out questions for like the coachs, players, and GM's. I have a problem with that because majority of the talk show hosts in Houston won't ask the real questions. I don't know if there's a guideline or if the hosts are told before the interview that they aren't going to answer certain questions. I know, for instance, actors usually let the interviewers know before hand what they will talk about and won't talk about.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Thank you very much.

Bone bruise hurts and will hurt for several weeks. We need to give Ron some time. I am ok with that.

Great that Tracy is comming back, I can't wait until I see him playing (well) once again.

BTW: Question to David, Raheel, Clutch or people who know: Will 'NO LAYUPS Radio show' be today at 6 pm on 1560?

THANKS

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Here are the guys who know how to do interviews involving the Rockets:

1 Matt Jackson
    2 Adam Clanton
    3 Adam Wexler
    4 Charlie Palillo

If it's anyone else besides these guys, be prepared to be disappointed. There is a thing known as preparation that most of the radio guys seem to know nothing about. Amazing.

14. mms

mms Member

Shouldn't that be answered by the coach?

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Am I the only one that feels like Morey is really fired up? For example, in his last interview he was really fed up, I even felt like he gave up.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yes, if Adelman would come on the radio. Either way, it's something Morey would know the answer to. He is the GM after all and has commented on basketball matters before.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I found it interesting that Morey said they were working with the coaching staff to bring the "Two hands in Yao's back" foul to the attention of the officials.

Do you hear that Adelman, get off your BUTT and complain.

DD

18. Htown57

Htown57 Member

I feel like Adelman goes to bat for Yao a fair amount. He FREAKED OUT when Birdman's flop/trip wasn't called.

That being said, i think he needs to be more militant. The "two hands" foul is difficult, because its subtle, but also very obviously alters yao's position and throws his shot/hooks off.

As much as mark cuban is a childish jackass, i have to admit that if Yao were his player, the league office's inbox would be stuffed full of tapes, and he'd go straight to the media and start a discussion that would raise consciousness. It pains me to say it, but i feel like we need that sort of action.

19. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've listened to Charlie before and he was pretty good. MattJackson just gets under my skin. I think him and Rich are a bad team. I normally listen in for the Rockets hour on 610 on Thursdays and it feels like a waste of time. I'm not sure Bull is the right one they should be interviewing. I like him as a person but I don't care for his commentary.

20. sleepyassassain

mcgrady take another week and a half because if you can't play above th rim we don't need you settling for jumpshots and limping around