1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Interview on July 2nd: Dwight, Lin, Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Exactly. He is careful and in this situation I think almost every word he says is intentional. He didn't have to have an interview. But he wanted to add fuel to the fire. His confidence in Howard signing with Rockets doesn't hurt our cause.

2. nemac

nemac Member

DM said they also keep assist numbers on good passes that aren't converted. Obviously would have a better understanding of his value than average box score reading fan

3. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You are the one who's stating your opinion that Lin is not important as fact.

SMH at lost all influence. That's got to be one of the most idiotic statement I have read in a while. I never said anything close to that, read again you moron.
    What's wrong with your grossly exaggerated sentimentalism? So you're saying there are many stars DYING to play with Parsons? I don't whether there are many stars DYING to play with Lin but I'm sure there are NBA players who like to play with Lin on the other hand, such as Fields, Jeffries and Novak.

LOL, Jordan = stupid, JVG = biased, Magic = entitled, Hubie = senile, Barkley = dumb a$$, me = don't know anything, you = genius.

Here are some facts no doubt. Except for a handful of superstars every NBA player is expendable and replaceable. Easily I'm not so sure that's a fact...... Was TJ Ford easily replaceable? No, but I guess TJ is much better than Lin in some hating brains. Parsons do have a ridiculous contract and Parsons is good friend with Dwight, those are true.

4. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Well, last time I check Fields and Novak are still in the NBA. You're talking about Jeffries I guess?
    If you're including his invaluable contract, then you're correct, otherwise it seems to be quite debatable. Hey, but LOH always have the facts right, right?

5. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

LOH getting old... ABJs the new term

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

It's the Rockets way of saying we're going all in for you, and you don't need to doubt anything.

7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Parsons is awesome. Love his game. But saying he is far more important than Lin is just hating, straight up. Lin is just as important if not more so going forward. I'm constantly appalled by how so many people cannot appreciate Lins game. I'm trying hard not to go elitist on the haters but if you played any amount of organized basketball, you should be able to see how good he can be, so you'd think..

8. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I definitely understand where Morey's coming from. If you can get another star or near star player like JSmoove, you gotta do what you gotta do. Still, personally, I wouldn't do it cuz the sum of Lin and Asik is more valuable, adds consistency from what we built last year, creates a hard-working team-first atmosphere, and fills two needs. Besides, with Delfino, Garcia, and Brooks gone, Lin's offense becomes that much more valuable. Who else is gonna fill that offensive hole? JSmoove? Beverley? I love Beverley's game but he is not gonna provide the offense needed to continue our offensive success from last year. A Howard/Asik front court is pretty awesome already without having to give up our starting pg. I do believe getting rid of Lin will hurt our offense more than is thought on this board.

9. valorita

valorita Member

Simple... You can buy 8 Parsonses with Lin money.
    That on top of the fact that chandler is better than jeremy.

10. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

This. Coupled with the fact that Team Morey has a superb track record finding cheap and servicable point guards: Aaron Brooks, Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic, Patrick Beverly. Ish Smith and Scott Machado never really got a chance to develop with the team, but were likely let go for a reason and the team never gave up anything to get them.

$8mil (highest we've paid a pg under Morey I believe) is a lot for an average starting point guard, especially when most of your money is tied up in 3 other stars. If he is gonna be traded, it has to be now bc he is unmovable next season ($15m) unless he has another Linsanity.

11. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Thank you for stating the obvious for those of us who played organized, competaive B-Ball.

12. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Second the motion

13. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

If he could, Parsona wouldn't be that important anymore, right?

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

No you can't. We didn't know he would be this good when he was signed to that contract. If he knew how his career would've panned out he wouldnt have signed himself to that pittence contract.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

his contract was limited to where he was drafted. no second round pick gets guaranteed first round money...historically hasn't happened.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Broussard:

Jeremy Lin on the block?

Certainly I've talked to GMs who say he is definitely available but that was before July 1st. The Rockets story is in trying to create cap space for Howard, they were trying to get rid of Thomas Robinson, which eventually they did but at first, it was hard. It took them awhile. To sweeten the offers, that's when they started looking at Jeremy Lin, talking to teams about "Look, you can have Lin and Omer Asik or just trading those guys by themselves." That's the Rockets story right now. They say they haven't talked to any teams since they got rid of Thomas Robinson about either of those players. Their plan, at least what they're saying, is to play them with Dwight Howard if they get him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hearing differently RT <a href="https://twitter.com/HoopsRumors">@HoopsRumors</a>: Morey: Rockets Not Looking To Move Lin, Asik <a href="http://t.co/U35E4UoNro">http://t.co/U35E4UoNro</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nba&amp;src=hash">#nba</a></p>&mdash; Vincent Ellis (@Vincent_Ellis56) <a href="https://twitter.com/Vincent_Ellis56/statuses/352445186351173634">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Well, it's his fault for dumping Lin in the first place. Could have gotten him for cheap. Frankly it wouldn't bad for him to be traded to a rebuilding team.

18. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

This seems to be the crux of it. Has there been any GM or "league sources" that have said that Lin and Asik are available AFTER July 1st when they managed to create cap room with the T-Rob trade? It seems the price gauging on Lin and Asik was done when they were having trouble lining up a T-Rob deal. All the leaks seem to be referencing conversations prior to the T-Rob trade.

19. gotrock

gotrock New Member

Lin = attacking pg that can pass as good as any pg out there.

48min/82 game season. Anyone can get hurt at any moment.
    Remember the OKC, Russel got hurt then what happened?

*If Harden get hurt, you gonna let PB handle the ball and expect him to get everyone involve which include DW

*will PB be able to score enough points and get EVERYONE involve like LIN. I DONT THINK SO. PB is good for 10-15 min Max. and he will get foul out. His def is good enough for 15 min. because he is so so so aggressive.
    * and Lin is not a bad defender himself. and for 8/M ill take him anytime.

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Interesting, how about Josh?