1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey in Athens Scouting Giannis Adetokunbo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

He has been rumored to have gotten a guarantee from Danny Ainge to draft him late in the 1st round...which is why he did not go to the draft combine.

Rockets should trade up and get this dude.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Looks really promising but extremely frail and like a stick man. He'll fill out with age but currently looks like the first real hip check might collapse him into a pile of bone and sinew.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Pretty sure Dike retired ages ago

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Remember Durant couldn't bench 185. I thought he was lanky, plus I think this kids younger. If we did get him it's rgv so he would have time to fill up

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The basketball does not weigh that much, speed, balance, and quickness are more important than strength.

DD

6. ballplayer

ballplayer Member

I would pick up in the 2nd and put him in the RGV program and then bring him up behind Parson. Being 18 he is going to have to develop his man strength and I also question the talent in Greece vs US and other parts of Europe. 2nd definitely if he is available

7. noppeper

noppeper Member

My arm-chair, cursory evaluation says: Luol Deng-ish.

8. saleem

saleem Member

As a second pick,we don't have much to lose.

9. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

shows real potential. Needs more challenge than greek 2nd league to tell if he is good though. I also didnt like his shooting mechanic. Also no info about his mentality.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Highlights look good. potential is nice but he's got some work to do.

11. Swishh

Swishh Member

He won't be available then, we'd need to trade up in the draft. Celtics already told him they're going to draft him.

12. xiki

xiki Member

Except...today, no link handy - - sorry, they're sayin' C's trying to trade up.

I cannot imagine a promise from Ainge when he doesn't know with total assurance who his coach is. Whether the Big Ticket is coming back. if Pierce will be retained (KG) or swapped (no KG).

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

All the more reason to trade up and grab a player you think has potential, no?

14. xiki

xiki Member

If that's the player you feel fits regardless of how the rest plays out. I would think that different players will be interesting to the C's based on how the next weeks pan out. Do you see it differently?

And as for the gent here, I would suggest that he is more likely to fit the goals of an SAS or Thunder or Heat type team whereby they don't want him until he's ready and not before 2015 (productively). I'm saying that while never having attended a game of his or viewing one contextually on the telly.

15. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

He may be pushing 7 feet by the time he finishes growing... He's going to be a VERY skilled big man...

16. Swishh

Swishh Member

Ainge recently said Doc is coming back. Don't believe that bogus Stephen A. Smith rumor.

17. xiki

xiki Member

OK, I'm buying but it is still not confirmed. And what might the KD/PP factor(s) have to do with the ultimate Glenn decision?

18. LCII

LCII Member

He looks like a slower, weaker version of Durant..and Durant isnt exactly the strongest dude out there.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Does dude have any anxieties? That's the first thing all teams should find out before even considering a player.

20. acjeitherocket