1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey becomes Sixer's New President!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Oct 28, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, we lost to them with single digit margins, EVERY SINGLE GAME. Im trying to argue that going into the luxury tax that year could have very well gotten us a chip. We honestly dont know how bad or good the relationship between Paul and Harden was. We dont even know if this was more about Westbrook and less about Paul.

Do we know that? Do we know that he showed up out of shape? Because there arent any reports out there who say so? Changing your diet and workout regiment doesnt mean Chris Paul wasnt a hard worker the previous year. He's one of the most competitive people in the league. Yea Chris got hurt that game....but Harden was also super terrible in that game. If Harden showed up that game, Cp3 might have been there for us more of the way through.

I do. He's one of the smartest PGs to ever play this game. The anomaly was last year. He had one of his worst career shooting numbers that I dont ever expect him to have again. His last year here was better than Westbrook this year.

He's not going to. Westbrook has been bad in the playoffs for years. The trade was bad and was not Daryl's. We traded picks and a better player for a worse one.

Yea,agree on Dantoni. I also like it alot. Silias could be really amazing for us.

Yea agreed here as well. I miss Daryl as well. Stone has made good moves so far though so I guess we'll see. I doubt he will be better but

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Prisoner of the moment much?

Not even remotely close. Westbrook was a disaster in the playoffs, so there's that, but regular season? Give me a ****ing break.

If you want to argue fit, fine, I'll give you that.

Picks don't mean as much in the NBA as you think they do. Hell, the Clippers traded like 5 first round picks for Paul George, and he was atrocious in the playoffs. Doesn't mean either trade was good, but I'm not as worried about that, we'll see.

Bottom line, woulda, coulda, shoulda about past years. I'm tired of people acting like we took the Warriors to 7 games was our mini championship. **** that. Overall, objectively, was it a great year? Yes. But stop with all this nonsense about what could have happened. It didn't.

I could sit here shaking my head for 2 years straight about what if Paul just didn't get a hamstring boo boo at precisely the wrong time, or what if we didn't miss 27 straight 3's, or what if just one of the several 3pt and the foul was called correctly, and those had been 4 point plays. I can play that game over and over.

Chris Paul is a ****ing b****, flopping, piece of **** basketball player. He's a gnat, he's a mosquito, he's a ****ing tsetse fly. Is he very good? Yes, but he's an annoying little garden gnome as well. Same story every place he's been. When he was here I rooted for him because he was a Rocket, and I'm glad that we got him because it gave us a real chance, but go root for OKC if you want to keep jocking him so badly.

We have a 2 year window, new coach and GM, this is the time, or it's never, and that's it.

#103 STR8Thugg, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Doc is ignoring analytics (reason Balmer fired him) then Rockets dodged a bullet when he signed with 6ers.

He is Morey's headache now.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-...xers-move-could-cause-issues-in-philadelphia/

Good thing Morey has very good assistants like Joerger and Burke.

Only matter of time, not "if" but "when", before MDA is brought in IMO.

Could be as soon as next season if Doc cannot adapt.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Nope, just talking facts, go check his numbers.

Lol, go check his numbers. And not just counting stats. And then get back to me. Chris Paul was better last year. Dont let his hot two months fool hyou.

They are still assests that we could have used to imrpove the team WITH Chris Paul, the better player.

Well Id still rather have the better player back.

I mean its fine, I wasnt even talking about that year but yea we dont have to dwell on it. I was more talking about last year.

Man...I dont think its healthy to hate someone that badly. Especially someone you dont even know. Just calm down lol.

We arent winning here. The coach is good, the GM is not ass good as Morey and Westbrook probably cant be the second best player on a championship team. The window is closed. This team turned into a turd when we traded Paul for Westbrook.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You really don't post enough.

Will likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

#107 YOLO, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

:-(

D-rock, HP3, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't understand what 76ers are doing really...

Doc didn't buy into analytics enough?
    Elton hasn't proven squat as a GM, except how to overpay for assets.
    The on court fit doesn't currently work.
    DM is all analytics, and heavy on 3s, where Philly sucks.

I can see DM coming in as the "figure this out" path... but why with Doc, and re-upping Elton?

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This breaks my heart to see this. It really does. Philly is 2 hours away from NYC and I go there to eat alot. Probably my favorite city in the North east! If I see him I will hug him/air hug him and tell him thank you for everything. I hope he finds a way to buy the team from Tilman because he would be one of or the best owners in sports.
    In the meantime. He's now the enemy! He abandoned the ship and he is not making me a Philly fan. I hope the Rockets win a title and we can rub it in his face for leaving us. He was the face of our Franchise as much as Harden is or Hakeem was. I blame Tilman for this just as much. Can't run a sports team like a bad chain restaurant. The Show must Go On !

D-rock likes this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

From the comments, a lot of Philly fans aren't too happy about it.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Disgusting

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmmm They seemed to be happy about it on reddit? Do you mean twitter?

D-rock likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

This is really just nauseating.

D-rock likes this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, just scanning the responses to the tweet linked above.

HP3 likes this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Both Morey and Doc are very good at what they do... but I dont think there is nothing else they can give at this point as far as new things that will get them ahead of their competition. The league has just caught up to the both of these guys. At least Morey can possibly outsmart a team in a trade or cleverly open up the cap with smart moves but that will take time.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

#118 ThatBoyNick, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    HP3 likes this.
  19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

That quick tidbit about Morey accentuates the details of how cut throat he actually is, leaving Houston and not looking back. There's nobody better in the business folks. It's a wrap.

20. TimDuncanDonaut

November presidential election.

Daryl: "me president first."