1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zcity, Jul 5, 2012.

1. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

People dumping all this on Morey - are more frustrated than they are smart . .

I understand Frustration - I don't understand the blame game on Dmorey.

I for one have appreciated having a competitive team to watch the last several years. Last year's team played harder and with more grit than 90% of NBA teams. I can't tell you how many inspiring games I watched last season (Bulls, Lakers road wins for example)

We all know that finding a superstar (since T-mac and Yao's injuries) has been Dmorey priority #1 and I don't think any other GM would have accomplished more.

The balance in keeping a competitive team while being smart enough to have contracts with enough flexibility cap space and term to land a superstar is beyond challenging.

Can I say that missing out of the playoffs last year was not frustrating ? Hell no - I was bummed - But cumulatively the season was a success for me as I attended at least 20 games, am a season tick holder since 90' and I had a blast last season.

If we are indeed in "Tank" mode now - so be it - I will embrace it and will be here every step of the way as we re-build and hopefully get that elusive superstar. AND . . .

Props to Morey for keeping it interesting and for a real good time !!!

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You do realize appreciation threads are created for Rockets personnel that are no longer Rockets right?
    In any case appropriate title. We can just necro this thread when Morey gets the boot soon.

3. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

the kool aid destroys connective tissue.

4. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Yeah - I know been around here a decade - don't post a ton - just enough.

I felt like I needed a little ironic twist to show some love for Morey - Did not mean for the title to be misleading . . .

5. carib

carib Member

Well, with the free agency signings not working out, we will have a few bad years before things get better. I hope Morey chooses the right youngsters to keep.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

jinx thread.

7. cocoloco

cocoloco Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Damn Morey, stop creating threads to pump yourself. This is not going to help you just like the ipads, tweets, caravans, hired hookers (ok, delete that, lol).

9. Margrave

Margrave Member

DM is too busy at his LARP convention in the woods yelling "Lightning bolt, Lightning bolt" to read this thread.

1 person likes this.
  10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I miss him already.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

did we trade morey?

12. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I approve this thread.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don't agree with pissing away our rebuild on a veteran primadona with back problems, but I respect Morey's hard work and dedication to trying to make the team better. I'll never be a hater...even when I disagree. But hoping he chooses rebuild over Dwight drama.

14. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Fire Morey.

15. pli777

pli777 Member

Not calling to fire him, but yes putting blames on him.

And he deservedly so so far, we keep think there's a magical trick he just holds back down the stretch, but offseason after offseason we keep on being disappointed.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Good luck on your journy, Maurry. Your efforts will not be forgotten nor will it be in vain.

17. hahachui

hahachui Member

Let Lowry go for a first.....damn it...
    Motet just tradeD all the things apart from the rockets logo

18. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

Morey has gone through hard times as Rockets' manager, and I think he is not to blame.
    How I wish Rox's boss was Mark Cuban, instead of Alexander.
    Working for such as stingy and money-oriented boss was an unlucky experience for Morey. People can't imagine how good Morey is if he works for Mark Cuban.
    Anyway, thanks for your hard work in the past few years!

19. donnie25od

donnie25od Member

Thread is appropriate because some of us wish that he was leaving/gone. It would be nice if he could trade the logo especially for the ketchup and mustard one of the glory years.

20. hansgee

hansgee Contributing Member

Teams like Washington, Sacramento, Minnesota & Golden State have future or borderline all star, but they been on the same loosing situation every year. Heck, even New jersey has a superstar in Williams but can only net you 22 wins last year.

im not defending Morey, i just want to be patient. because you need the right set of players, all stars or superstars. to get you a championship.

Can you guys imagine the debates and arguments on this BBS if were rooting for a team like the Wizards?

;)