1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Darrell Russell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Greg#3, Aug 8, 2001.

?

Is this payback for the Al davis lawsuit?

1. Yes, Darrell Russell is getting screwed by the NFL

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No, Russell really did fail a drug test and should be suspended

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

Here's my theroy on the whole thing. Russell says that he wasn't at home when an NFL official came by his house to administer the test. Just a hunch, but I think this is part of the payback of the Al Davis lawsuit. They're jacking with one of the Raider's best players just to screw them around.

Could this be possible???? :confused:

2. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

This is bs. Russel is getting jacked around by the NFL big time. They just dont like Al Davis. This will just motivate Woodson & Co. to kick more ass!!

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

What a bunch of freaking crap , At least We have very good Defensive Lineman who will fill Russells void nicely for the first four games .

4. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Moestavern19
    They always try to bring the Raiders down. It wont work out though. They're too talented and deep. Grady Jackson will do fine in Russell's spot but its just another instance where the NFL can antagonize Al. I wonder if a Steeler or 49er did this if it would be so quick to nail them. You can bet Gruden and the boys will still get #4 this year. If the officials had eyes last year we would have been in the Super Bowl and fat a** Siragusa would have been ejected for that cheap shot on Gannon.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Mr Scary

I think The Strength of the Raiders last year was their Defense as a unit and not as a individuals . Guys like Grady Jackson , Josh Taves , Roderick Coleman , and Tony Bryant all excelled in this scheme while Russell pouted because he wasnt getting all the sacks becasue he was getting doubled , so he slacked off . So Im not worried about Russell's absence hurting the team . It just makes me sick to see The NFL slapping Al Davis right in the face when they are the ones who basically asked for it in the first place .