1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Darrell Armstrong arrested. w/mugshot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shot caller, Jul 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

I had always liked the guy. Had him on my fantasy team a few times. He seemed to play hard and ear his minutes (he was undrafted I believe).

Felony battery of a police officer. That can't be good.

Anyway. Just passing on the dirt.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/darmstrong1.ht

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not the kind of thing you want during your FREE AGENT year!

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Does this mean we can sign him for cheap?

4. mfclark

mfclark Member

Probably not, not with Cleveland on his tail. Houston hasn't even been mentioned in any of the reports I've seen...mainly Cleveland, Atlanta, and Orlando.

What it does likely mean, sadly, is that the Magic probably won't re-sign him. I say sadly because he's my favorite player and the main reason I like the Magic.

Mgmt thinks they can replace him with Speedy Claxton and Antonio Daniels. I think they're sadly mistaken.

5. mfclark

mfclark Member

6. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

Portland Blazer officials have contacted Armstrong after word of his arrest hit the front office.

"We believe Armstrong would make a good fit in Portland. We're perusing every option to make sure next year he'll be a Blazer,” said an unnamed Blazers official.

7. SLA

SLA Member

lol! Crazy!

Now Drew Gooden doesn't seem too good of a guy to me........

But everyone gets in fights.

Wasn't the officer a woman? This happened like a week ago...