1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

dark phoenix the most powerful ever?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OmegaSupreme, Oct 4, 2006.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

went to hollywood vid yesterday and bought xmen 3-the last stand.

simple question here. jean was one bad arse beeyotch, but if any comic book character could defeat her... who would it be?

thanos with the infinity gauntlet? superman? darkseid?

i'm a bit jaded and started reading comics right at silversufer #50 (start of infinity gauntlet), so i think thanos would have torn her to shreds. i stopped right before the onslaught thingee, so i don't know about him.

any comic book character from any universe... marvel, dc, image, valiant, defiant, etc.

comic book nerds unite! :D

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

it has to be an alien being like Galactus or a thanos + infinity guantlet like power.

3. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Galactus, the Celstials, on earth, maybe the Sentry. In the movie, though? Leech with a knife.

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Adam Warlock + Infinity Gauntlet owns all - except the Tribunal I believe.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Roma.

Either her or Captain Stabbin'.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hehe... look at these nerds.

Galactus could do it, so could any of his siblings like, Eternity, Infinity, Death, etc.

The most powerful in the Marvel Universe though is One-Above-All... ;)

Joshfast, Thanos + Heart of the Universe did own the Living Tribunal.

7. OmegaSupreme

definitive answers with explanations. :D

galactus, mephisto, warlock... it's funny that the lesser knowns get more street... err... comic cred than the regs.

maybe solar... man of the atom (king of valiant uni... my fav comic uni). maybe that harbinger guy (it's been so long i forget).

anyway...

[​IMG]

just a few from my collection that can beat jean.

sandman (comic card)- sure jean can manipulate anything, but how the hell can you manipulate sand.

silversurfer (comic card)- i dunno. again... i think he's bad arse and could kick her arse simply because silver sufer 50 was my first comic.

onslaught (comic card)- a bad arse version of the professor? again, i stopped comics right before this began.

deathmate series (gold versions beeyotches! too bad it's not worth much... sigh)- void from image and solar from valiant could kill off both universes. how could jean top that? :confused:

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Dark Phoenix had the power to destroy the universe... but Parallax had power enough to have destroyed all of existance and then recreated it!

[​IMG]

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Big deal. Somebody killed Living Tribunal, he didn't think that was just, so he brought himself back. Now that's bad-ass. lol. :)

BTW, I think we all underestimated the power of the Phoenix Force. According to this wikipedia reference , the Phoenix (or one incarnation of it in the Marvel Universe) did defeat Galactus. They say the Phoenix Force is the 2nd most powerful force behind "The Creator". But then I read a Galactus entry that said they claim him to be the most powerful entity in the universe. I wish they'd make up their minds.... ;)

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i never got into comics when i was young.

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

as far as i remember reading the infinity guantlet the living tribunal was the most powerful even more so then the galactus or any other of the villians that the silversurfer fought.

and thanos defeated them all and at the same time to. (until death tricked him and pulled off the glove, which really doesnt make any sense)

so i guess the most powerful would be the living tribunal. or if someone has all of the infinity gems then it must be that person.

although my knowledge is pretty much restricted to the marvel universe. and also that i havent read comics in years.

14. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Aaack....too much nerdiness.........

15. steddinotayto

sorry omega, but image/valiant companies can't be mentioned with DC and Marvel. As much as I dug their art and bought into their comics (from the bigs like Spawn, Savage Dragon, WildCATS all the way down to deathblow, doom's IV, etc), their universes sucked.

i was about to say onslaught as well. I mean, who better to beat a pissed off jean grey than a pissed off professor x?

16. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Am I the only one who never read any comics as a kid? I think I read an x-men comic once in first grade but other than that, I've never read anything else.

17. OmegaSupreme

NoooooooooooOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!111one!!!1111twothree!

more than half of my collection is valiant. it's shame that they went down the tube. rai 0, magus the robot fighter 5, x-o manowar 1, harbinger 0, bloodshot 1, and turok (even had a nintendo 64 game) etc. screw what they're worth now. the storylines and the way they interwined kicked arse.

wiki , onslaught was a pissed off professor and magneto, but jean whooped both of their asses.

i'm thinking dr. eclipse, master darque, or toyo harada (valiant forever) to kick her arse.

it seems that its a given that galactus, living tribunal, thanos, and parallax would have pwn3d.

18. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

"Are you an ass...?"
    "I'm the Juggernaut, b!tch!"

19. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

isn't the Beyonder the #1 Marvel badass?

20. steddinotayto

hahaha valiant jumped the shark when they did the crossover with Image.