1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Darius Washington or John Lucas III

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eyhab27, Jul 12, 2006.

1. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

I know we wont ever sign both of these young guys, and they both seem to be playing solid ball in the summer league. Darius is bigger, and is a pretty solid defender. Do you guys think Darius has a real shot at making it on the Rockets? I like the way Lucas has been playing, but he is so undersized...

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

How is Darius playing solid ball in the summer league? Has he even gotten off the bench because last I checked he was only getting spot minutes. If we sign either one, it'll be Lucas by a mile. Time for Washington to go to the D-league and pay his dues.

3. RocketsMVP

RocketsMVP Contributing Member

I'm definitely all over Lucas on this one. The guy has really been showcasing his talents in the summer league and has been noted as the front runner for MVP. It would be refreshing to see the Rockets pick him and give him a chance to develop (even though this would probably go against everything the front office believes in). Maybe he could be our Earl Boykins.

I've also came across some articles today indicating that Denver has been showing some interest in Lucas. Let's hope we don't let him go.

#3 RocketsMVP, Jul 12, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  4. docgundy

docgundy Member

Lucas will be a Rocket. The original poster said he had no chance with us. That's false.

Darius, he'll be in the DL next year.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lucas will be the summer league MVP.

he'll be a rocket next year for sure.

6. Roxer

Roxer Member

Neither

7. anitasri

anitasri Member

IS that such a big honor?? Never would have guessed!

8. Dei

Dei Member

He's a PG. So I don't really mind so long as he's a backup. Either that or the team has to get a tall, athletic SG... somebody like Rudy Gay.

9. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Wasn't CALVIN MURPHY only 5'9? and he maded it to the HOF!

Why is Lucas III at 5'11 being so talked about?

AI is 6'0 175lbs

Lucas III is 5'11 165lbs

Isiah Thomas was 6'1 185lbs

10. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Is not like he's 5'7 Spudd Webb

or

Mugsy Bogues 5'3

11. GATA

GATA Member

WHAT ABOUT STEVE NASH he's small give give JL a shot

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Well, for all of the players that are playing in the summer league, is there a bigger accomplishment? If you're not impressed by him possibly being the MVP of the summer league, then what does that say about all of those lottery picks that he outplayed? Looks to me like he took advantage of an opportunity that he was given and exceeded all expectations.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Count Fudgula actually.

14. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

Washington hasn't done anything and Lucas has played great. Lucas by a thousand miles

15. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

So...
    Tracy McGrady or Richie Frahm, both have been playing great ball for the Rockets. Which one you think we will keep if we could only have one?

Sorry...it just made me laugh to see that both Lucas and WAshington were playing well lol...not sure how that assessment was drawn. Considering Lucas is the league MVP and WAshington is the league leader in collecting splinters.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

you're right he sucks. he doesn't have a chance to make our team even tho we only have 1 pg on the roster.

17. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

Did Washington ever even make a shot? Wasn't he like 0-9 or something like that in 5 min. a game? I was excited when I saw him on our summer league roster, then appalled at the minute distribution for the Rockets (our starting five were taking 85% of the minutes, where'e the look at all the players?), then understanding when I saw the results of the limited time the other platers made. His production was disappointing to say the least, but Carroll and Novak are both extremely good spot up shooters. Like what we surrounded Hakeem with back in the day. Now if only Yao were like Hakeem........

18. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

I have to think you might have the same ways of thinking as CD. Come on, Lucas is undersized, so what? His performance in SL should earn him a contract, if rox doesn't pick him up, some other team will. Darius who? And undersized? So what about AI, Nash? I know Lucas is not as good as them, but hell, too undersized as a back-up. I bet if Lucas goes to other team, there will be more dirty words to CD posted out here. And how can you put a Darius OR Lucas here? WE MUST SIGN LUCAS. It is not like we signed MIKE JAMES.

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Hey Aelliot we are in agreement tonight!

Last year's VSL 1st team all-star team included...

J.R. Smith - NOH
    Travis Outlaw - POR
    Sebastian Telfair - POR
    Dwight Howard - ORL
    Nate Robinson - NYK
    Chris Kaman - LAC
    Luke Jackson - CLE
    Tony Allen - BOS
    Jason Maxiell - DET
    Ike Diogu - GSW

I'd like to have the MVP of that group.

20. chris_Rocket