1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House has left the NBA Bubble in Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Sep 11, 2020.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I just wish the Rockets can Rebuild this team and get Tons of Picks.

Get in a New GM from the Warriors Front Office who know how to Draft.

Analytics, Eye Test when Watching College Players.

Daryl Morey is terrible at finding Talent that can play in the Playoffs. The Rockets Front Office have 0 Homegrown 1st Round Draft Pick that are on the Roster or Playing in this Playoff Rotation.

This is a Huge Flaw in this Roster. No Youth.

#381 rockets1995, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    saleem and daywalker02 like this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Klay and Curry were not drafted by the current regime there. They were drafted by larry riley the old GM.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Disney owned by China right? They sent the Covid tester!

4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...ogizes-to-rockets-fans-for-nba-bubble-mishap/

For the first time since his early exit from the 2020 NBA playoffs, Houston Rockets forward Danuel House Jr. publicly addressed the incident that prompted his dismissal from the NBA “bubble” in September.

House spoke Wednesday at Toyota Center, where he and other players are starting training camp activites for the upcoming 2020-21 season.

In a virtual media availability session, House said the following:

I’d like to start off by apologizing to my team, the organization, and the owner for the mishap that happened in the bubble. I’m focused. It’s behind me. It’s in the past. New year, new season. I’m learning, and I’m looking forward to growing and expanding. I’d like to deeply apologize to the fans, also. If you felt I let you down, sincere apologies from me, Danuel House Jr., to everyone.

When asked whether he would address the team at training camp about the incident, House said he had already spoken to his teammates about it — presumably with a similar sentiment of remorse.

Veteran guard Eric Gordon was asked whether House needs to rebuild trust in the team’s locker room. He responded:

Now 27 years old, House averaged 11.4 points (35.8% on 3-pointers) and 5.8 rebounds in 31.0 minutes per game during the playoffs. The 6-foot-6 forward is still under contract with the Rockets for two more years.

House missed Houston’s final three playoff games after the NBA determined that he had close contact with an unauthorized person in the team’s hotel — allegedly, a female COVID-19 testing official. House left the league’s Disney World bubble at the conclusion of an investigation.

While testing officials were allowed at the secured site, they went in and out each day and did not live there. Thus, as with maintenance staff, the NBA had strict safety protocols in place to minimize the potential exposure of those workers to players and coaches living there. House violated those rules, so he faced harsh discipline. Making matters worse, House initially denied the accusation before eventually confirming it.

The Rockets went 0-3 in those games without House, and All-Star guard James Harden called it “a distraction” upon Houston’s second-round exit at the hands of the Los Angeles Lakers. “Very, very disappointing,” Harden said. “It affected us. He was a huge part of our rotation.”

“Even though I wasn’t able to participate, as soon as I got home, I was in the gym,” House said of his offseason following the bubble incident. “And then as soon coach [John] Lucas got home, I got back in the gym and did some conditioning, and stuff like that, to stay in shape. So, right now, I feel like it’s a momentum builder. I mean, you live and learn. You take the bad and you just flip it, and make the energy work for you.”

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good he apologized, lace em up.

He is too good to jettison.

DD

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Will we ever know the truth...

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

In a way he is responsible for rhe departures of Morey and MDA.....so thanks Mr. House for helping to end small ball!!!!!!!

8. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

his action was not a "mishap", major mistake would be a better way to describe his mental lapse

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who has been young with sufficient game knows that "entanglements" happen. It was a mistake and he'll learn from it.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

House was really good in the playoffs before " the incident"
    Allegedly trying to make up for his playoffs the year prior.

He owes the team a great season now! Focus - his career goes one of 2 ways depending on how he plays this year.
    The redeem team in action
    Wall
    Cousins
    House
    Gordon
    Harden

All out to prove something?

11. TimDuncanDonaut

Was there a pic of the 'nurse' or nah?

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good thing we learned what kind of shady character that Danuel was all along.

No honor.

Most importantly he was made.

The Rockets are walking a thin line by keeping a bad character on the team.

#393 daywalker02, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Wow. If anyone has the excerpt about Russ that would be huge

15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Still want him gone.

16. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]
    Get House outta here

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Is TrueHoop reliable? The story of Harden not acknowledging House during shoot around and everyone upset that he's still on the team sounds like fake tabloid drama.

19. Steve S

Steve S New Member

Yes. Very.