1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House declines Rockets contract offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I was referring to you saying give him the MLE now, House may be demanding rest of the season deal only. I'm wasn't commenting on whether or not we should convert him.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Morey gets paid to think about the future as much as the present. The Paul and Capela deals have really hamstrung this team enough that making any deals with unsigned journeymen players can have huge opportunity costs that Morey may quantify differently, as he understands his future pipeline of options a lot better than I do.

I'm not "defending" his choice to balk at a deal with House. Just explaining my lack of rage. This has a high potential of busting both sides. My general M.O is that I can't use a lot of energy being upset without the specifics of what House ('s agent) demanded or where the talks broke down.

I don't know if House would've tipped the scales in tonight's game, which we're all presently upset about. The lead was fool's gold thanks to Gordons 20-in-21 minutes, before he died again. House also doesn't solve our interior woes.

The roster balance issues are deep and I would prioritize dumping all money into a higher caliber backup PF/C over a journeyman wing, personally.

Trade deadline soon cometh. At that point I'll probably join the anger wagon. For now I'm just exasperated at these injuries.

rgw20014life and J Sizzle like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm talking about converting him.

As for what he'd sign now, we can offer House much more with the MLE now than $6.1m. $6.1m is the Non-Bird maximum. And he isn't rejecting the MLE, because he wasn't offered it. The Agent was just saying he'd rather convert now, than take those minimum offers.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

House can just pad his stats in the g league because it seems harden might be only after stats.

House would stand to be in stronger position in the off season WITHOUT the rockets rather than p***y footing around to become collateral damage like ARIZA if rockets fail to advance.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Even if we don't dip into MLE now .

There is no reason not to offer him a 2 year +player option deal .

Or like you said , offer him the 6.1 in the offseason .

Furthermore , WTF is Melo still doing on the roster . We could have used his spot to sign another warm body (even if to a 10-day )

I'm starting to get a little pissed at Morey here ... even though I still am angrier at Tillman and MDA

J Sizzle and heypartner like this.
  6. shlhl

shlhl Member

Why have to 3 year?(He is no star.) We need somebody now. We know he fits well. another 10 days trial for another player and we could find ourselves in big hole again and try to dig our self out of big hole again.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Potentially, likely, but I think that's uncertain unless there were some set tweets I missed. As I remember there were mixed reports.

My original point was, perhaps House thinks he can get more than our MLE and will be set on hitting FA.

I hope we do give him our MLE if he will take it, locking him down for 3 years now would be ideal if we can get a team option for the last year.

heypartner likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And Harden gets paid to try to win a championship now. You do know that we can unilaterally convert House's contract, right?

Giving Harden House with a convert has nothing to do with Paul and Capela hamstringing the team, but rather is a reason to convert him now, because we have too many crap players on the team, and no amount of trades is going to fill all the roster spots with real NBA players, so give one to House now.

I mean, even if we traded for last year's Ariza and last year's Luc, we could very well need House in Game 5, 6 or 7, after someone gets injured, which has happened each of the last two years.

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. threepointshot3

Nothing settle or smooth about your anti harden agenda Lin fan troll with a million alter ids

Blurr#7 likes this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the front office are ****ing morons. Unless house is asking for something insane you kinda have to go with it. Supply and demand, and right now we're real depleted on supply. Relying on harden to score House's points is not an option. ****ing morons.

JW86 likes this.
  11. jcf

jcf Member

15mm in "collateral damage." Huh.

12. jcf

jcf Member

What can we offer Rivers next year? Just a percentage raise or the MLE?

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Either.

MLE's are yearly. We can sign House with our current remaining MLE, and re-sign Rivers with next years MLE. Or we could sign either with non bird right minimums if they would take it (unlikely),

Corrosion, jcf and elmotsangtt like this.
  14. jcf

jcf Member

Thanks. So, the comments re: paying house takes away from what we can offer Rivers are wrong?

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@heypartner

Do you think luxury tax implications are effecting this house negotiation .

I wouldn't think so , but I remember seeing a tweet yesterday about it

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That depends, if we sign House to a multi year deal this current season? No, they won't compete.

If House isn't signed to a multi year deal, and ends up being a FA this upcoming offseason with Rivers? Then yes they compete for NEXT years MLE

#776 ThatBoyNick, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    snowconeman22 and jcf like this.
  17. jcf

jcf Member

Got it. Thanks again.

18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The team has track record of franchising players like Gordon, Tucker, and Gerald green even when harden does not shoot lights out.

Dantoni coached green, Tucker, and Gordon in Phoenix so it's politics.

Dantoni has a list of desirable players who remain rotational players but maybe when things go south the organization seems to clear out the collateral damage players.

19. JW86

JW86 Member

We would’ve won today with House’s defense, fact..

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Or fouling up 3....