1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danny Granger- Elite Player? (Featuring Ron Artest!)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JayGoogle, Mar 27, 2009.

1. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

agreed. Someone will bite on this -- we might have to wait until the trade deadline comes closer though.

On topic -- Danny Granger is awesome.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I'm just curious why you think Stephen Jackson is a pipe dream?

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Because he has a Ron Artest type contract (rather cheap) without much of the baggage. We would have to give up Scola or Landry or eat Maggette's nasty contract.

4. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Stephen Jackson has waaay more baggage than artest ever will. Artest has actually matured. Jackson is going to be a knucklehead throughout his nba career.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

If Stack Jack ever decides to want time off to promote a CD that may be true.

Like Ron Artest, Jackson seems like a good person and teammate. Both are misunderstood IMO.

6. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

But is there room for both of them here?

I like Jackson's game quite a bit, but I'm sure we will have plenty of options with Tracy's contract at our disposal.

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Okay, that makes sense. I was thinking since G State is rebuilding, McGrady's expiring contract would be very attractive to them. Also, I don't think Jackson and some of the other older players are going to want to be part of a rebuilding process. I'm pretty sure if we offer them T-Mac's expiring contract for Jackson and fillers we can make it happen. They would probably, as you say, try and get us to take Maggette off their hands, but I would insist on Crawford instead. They would have include either Randolph or Wright in the deal as well. This would work salary wise and everybody gets what they want. Golden State gets a $22-$23 million expiring contract while the Rockets get a very good swingman in Jackson, solid combo guard and good shooter in Crawford, and a young, legit backup for Yao in either Randolph or Wright.

8. rockbox

Heck, if McGrady can land us Crawford and Jackson, where do I sign up. We finally get our tall PG and we get another good scorer and good defender in Jackson. We could sport 5 guys on the court that can score and dish the ball.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Not sure. Jackson is a good playmaker but like T-mac he can shoot too many jumpers at times.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jackson and Crawford can both be ball-stoppers at times. That's what I really worry about.

Crawford is definite possibility i'm sure the Warriors will shop him this offseason.

11. rockbox

I don't want Crawford. I want Jackson. But Crawford is the guy that we get to make the numbers work for Tmac, I'm all for it. I just don't want Maggette.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not if Indiana is broke and needs the cash....things change FAST.....

DD

13. rockbox

The only way they would give up granger is if you give them some good young talent and eat one or more of their many ugly contracts. Tinsley, Dunleavy, Ford, and Murphy.

14. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Doesn't matter, Danny is untouchable.

25 year old 6'8" SG/SF. Yeah lets dream.

15. Vivid

Vivid Member

I will take on the ugliest (Murphy and DunLeavy) with Granger for Tmac and Scola. They get near 26 million off the books next season with the ability to resign Scola. Murphy can stand in as a back up C and Pf while Landry moves in as starter.

Yao Murphy
    Landry Battier
    Artest Dunleavy
    Granger Von wafer
    Brooks Lowry

Quick uptempo second unit. Solid first unit- Granger, Brooks and Artest are all great 3point shooters. Rebounding won't be great but talk about match up versatility- Need defense, plug in Hayes, Battier, Artest, Granger, Lowry. Need to score? Brooks, Granger, Dunleavy, Artest, Yao. Murphy can be brought in to spread the D ala Okur style.

I am also interested in GS. Perhaps a Tmac and Brooks for Ellis and Jackson. They get out of Ellis's contract and get a solid scoring pg in Brooks, who hasn't suffered any major injuries.

Yao Hayes
    Scola Landry
    Battier Jackson
    Artest Von Wafer
    Ellis Lowry

Ellis is an upgrade over Brooks, smarter, bigger, and shoots at a high percentage. He comes with a high price tag and off a magor surgery but might be worth it. Jackson and Artest will get testy, but you could potentially be unleashing two warriors on opponents.

I might also look at a three way with the Suns if GS wants to hold on to Ellis. Suns want to skim payroll and get a back up for Nash that can interchange with Barbosa. Tmac and Brooks to GS, Richardson Jackson and pick to Rockets, Crawford to Suns.

GS gets a young scoring pg and 20 million off the books. This is perfect for them. They are the pinnacle of mediocrity, they are good with solid players, but not good enough to compete without a major shake up and rebuild. Clearing way for 2010 plus adding Brooks is a good start. They keep Ellis, Maggette and Biedrins and have the space to add a major piece. Suns get SG/PG hybrid who has the size to play alongside Nash but can play pg when Barbosa comes in. More importantly for the Suns, he is cheaper than Richardson with less years on his contract, a crucial element for a franchise hurting for money.

Rockets get GS pick which I believe should be used on Jennings. Everyone has their special pg and Jennings has the tools to become ours. We have Lowry to start while we groom Jennings. He is quick, high IQ, solid shooter. Defense is a little suspect but he has the tools to be a Tony Parker with more ups. Richardson can play a smaller "Tmac" role for us. A scorer to draw attention away from Yao. He, Artest, Battier, Jackson can all stroke it from 3.

Yao Hayes
    Scola Landry
    Artest Battier
    Richardson Jackson
    Lowry Jennings

I am looking forward to the playoffs but this summer should be fun.

-V

16. TheBigAristotle

He's a solid player. I'd never even heard of the kid before last year but he's developing well.