1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danny Granger- Elite Player? (Featuring Ron Artest!)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JayGoogle, Mar 27, 2009.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4018165

Heh...i'm thinking we should start a petition for the Rox to send Tmac out of here and get Granger in Htown! Maybe Artest would be more willing to pass the ball to a guy he respects more...well lets not get into the whole thing if Ron respects Mac...just sayin'

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Granger is untouchable. Impossible.

3. xRocketsfanx

xRocketsfanx Member

Yeah that'd be a bad trade on Indy's part and Granger is their Franchise Player

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is unlikely but the Pacers are having financial problems with their teams. So bad that 'Shutting down' the team is a Option. If they did do that I don't know how the NBA would respond, but it's been said that among the Pacers FO the main priority is to keep the Pacers in Indiana.

What this has to do with Granger, not sure. I just know he's due around 60 million, pretty sure if they deal him it'd help out.

5. Chamillionaire

with or without granger, indy sucks. they aren't going to do anything until they get a legit 4 or a 5.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Should we trade Granger for Yao too since we are trying to trade for players that Ron respects?

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

We should petition for Kobe instead since Artest likes him too.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol. Who said we should try to acquire Granger because Artest respects him?

The Article talks about the quality of player Granger is. It must have flew over your head, my response to the article was basically "Man, i'd like to have love to have this guy on my team."

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I was about to just stop right there...seriously, is Broussard smokin' crack?

I kinda skimmed through the article and it's really just about Granger's improvement. I really liked Granger when he first came in the league because i just knew he had the size and athleticism to dominate in the NBA. I know he's a great shooter but i just wish he would use his size to get easy baskets more often. IMO, his next step is to become a great playmaker and the only way to do that is if he operates closer to the paint instead of starting at the perimeter all the time.

10. mazyar

mazyar Member

I think Durant is better than Granger. Let's go after him. I think OKC is willing to trade him straight up for Tmac. Right? I am day dreaming.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Difference is, OKC has a bright future. Indiana ain't looking so good right now.

Yep if he truly wants to be a guy on that first tier of players, he's going to have to become a playmaker. Personally I think he's already a great player right now as it stands. I'd say though it seems he drives to the rim more than Artest.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

I was responding jokingly to that statement.

13. SBK#2

SBK#2 Rookie

only if.. would love Granger here

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

And I thought Stephen Jackson was a pipe dream.

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I wouldn't call anyone "elite" until they get into the playoffs and win...but Granger's one heck of a scorer.

As said, I don't see him leaving the Pacers, unless the team gets shut down (I don't see that happening, either).

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'd trade, anyone on the team for Granger.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It probably wouldn't matter if Artest respected Granger or not.

I'm silly to think that Artest would pass anyone the ball when he's in complete "Kobe" mode jacking up shots and dribbling the ball no where.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Great article.

19. Hola-juwon

Hola-juwon Member

McGrady ain't even close at the value he was on before the season started, unfortunely.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I disagree, with teams struggling, a 23 mil expiring contract can get us a lot.