1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danny Ainge

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Frank Black, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

As I turned on the Jazz/Lakers game I caught the tail end of a discussion b/w John Thompson and Danny Ainge. In this discussion they were talking about exciting teams to watch and I think the Rockets came up. Thompson proceeded to explain how he enjoyed watching such exciting basketball. This coming from a well-respected coach now. Granted, sometimes I disagree with the guy. Anyways, Ainge then decides to contribute his two cents by making asinine comments about the Rockets style and that it's only exciting if you like isolation plays. This was totally unnecessary and definitely rubbed me the wrong way. For the sake of this post I hope he was referring to the Rockets.

Did anyone else hear this discussion? Was he referring to our Rockets?

------------------
    "...just because a clever person can complicate the discussion about the truth doesn't necessarily mean he or she is making any progress in finding it."

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Youve got to learn to just tune Danny Ainge out. He has always been a dirty player, and, quite frankly, and idiot. If he was smarter he would be coaching now, not broadcasting. In his defense, for much of the year we did run a lot of iso. It has changed greatly since, but Ive always thought they were exciting to watch nonetheless. John Thompson does actually have a pretty high basketball IQ.

------------------

3. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

I guess I just get a bit defensive when someone decides to go out of their way to bad-mouth the Rockets.

------------------
    "...just because a clever person can complicate the discussion about the truth doesn't necessarily mean he or she is making any progress in finding it."