1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danny Ainge: Once a D!ck, Always a D!ck

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by topfive, May 5, 2010.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Boston's GM was spotted in TV replays throwing a white towel in the air to distract Cleveland forward J.J. Hickson at the free throw line in the third quarter of Game 2 on Monday night.

Ainge, sitting in the first seat to the right of Cleveland's basket, is seen reaching behind the stanchion to grab one of the ball boy's towels as Hickson prepares to shoot. Ainge then tosses the towel into the air on Hickson's second attempt with 1:53 remaining.

At the time, the Celtics were leading 80-57 on their way to winning 104-86 and evening the Eastern Conference semifinal at one game apiece. Hickson made his second free throw.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said the league is aware of Ainge's actions and that "the situation is under review."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/05/04/ainge-towel.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I heard about this, couldn't help but think of robert horry throwing a towel in his face when he and cassell played for ainge under the Suns.

3. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I personally dislike Celtics and Cavs , so it a tossup for me with this series. I personally want Celtics to win in a 7 game series , so that Magic can have homecourt in ECF and in the Finals if they get there :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Video of the incident:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TFmaMQTFMNs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TFmaMQTFMNs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ainge has always kinda been a prick. Wasn't it him that also threw the ball at Mario Elie's face in the playoffs?

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't see what the big deal is. When this is reviewed nothing should be done about it.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This is KG's fault.

All part of the douche culture evident in Boston.

Resorting to cheating just like their football counterparts.

What a group of sore losers.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with doing that. Just because he's the GM of the opposing team doesn't mean he can't taunt or affect the game as a fan in the stands.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'm trying to wonder what Ainge did wrong here... It wasn't like this was any form of cheating...

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Actually I heard on the radio and read on Twitter that it's supposedly against the rules. I haven't read an official rule about it myself though.

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Ok, say it's against the rules.. I still don't think he's a dick because of it? He's a fan, rooting for his team, doing what anyone else would do.. some people are too sensitive.

11. SunsRocketsfan

wow the NBA is soooo r****ded if they actually fine Ainge for this. It's a water down league with everyone getting fined left and right for hte stupidest things. The league has definitely been sissified. I dont think he will get fined for this look at Cuban with all his antics. (i guess cuban has been fined quite a lot so nevermnid) but the fact this is under review is just ridiculous. LAME

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dont fans usually use silly looking baloons and noismakers behind the backboard to throw off the opposing player at the line??????... who cares, if he isnt used to distractions while taking free throws then he doesnt need to be on the court in an NBA game.

13. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Umm...they always give me acme bricks when I go to Rockets game...so what the big deal

14. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

Don't see what the big deal is unless he threw it at the basket or the court, which he didn't.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

No knock on you at all, but why the heck would this be against the rules?

Opposing fans do this ALL the time.

Granted, it was on CLE's home floor, but isn't Ainge an opposing fan?

16. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Maybe the NBA wants a certain level of decorum from upper management. This is the same league that banned baggy jeans after all. At the same time Cuban gets to run his mouth so I don't know.

Anyways whomever I heard/read this from could be wrong as I haven't read anything lately today to confirm it.

17. BEN*

BEN* Member

[​IMG]

This guy should be fined!!

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If it was against the rule, it must have been because of his position. If he was an ordinary fan, I don't think it would have been an issue at all. Fans do that all the time.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What kind of dick uses the "!" to replace the "i" in "dick" and for what reason? Does the BBS have a filter software that block out the word "dick"?

Just picking nits. :)

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

If this were against any other team I would be pissed, but since it's against the Cavs, I will commend.

Its just payback since the Cavs always try to distract the other team by dancing around like fools whenever the other team tries to shoot free throws.

BTW, I hate Ainge and any other Celtic, past or present, with a passion!