1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Daniel Santiago?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by duluth111222, Sep 3, 2008.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

2. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Do you know how old is this video?

I'll let him go through training camp.... see what happens

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Time for what is starting to run out? Season doesn't start for another 2 months.

A Daniel Santiago-level player is available any time you want to pick one up. No rush to sign him and Morey knows it.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The combined height of his last 41 jumps

He's looking like the Spanish version of this Dan
    [​IMG]

5. Albert Einstain

Santiago ? Chile's capital? :confused:

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

wtf....... dorsey, landry this is crap they think they are all stars or somthing, dude stop being greedy and just sign, ......... danny shayes ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha how was barkley ever okay with playing next to this guy

7. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Sina either make up their own story or direct translate from other source. That's how they are reliable when translate from a reliable source.

8. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

Morey will never over pay for talent. He has shown it many time with previous deals, so it will be less likely for Landry to get a deal that his agent is hoping for.

9. rocketanalyist

I was just going through this thread and not impressed by him either until I saw this video. For a guy that is 7'1" and 256 lbs, I don't know many that move with the agility that he showed in that video; even if against lessor talent. I would love to see a video of him playing defense also.

I am sick of the Landry issue. We need to make him a final offer and if he doesn't accept, move on. He is not the key to us winning a championship, at best he is a small piece. He had only a good "stretch" of games last year that were impressive. We have seen that before in the likes of Kelvin Cato and others. He has to prove first that he is not like that nor will his knee injury be a long term problem. To me he has no leg to stand on, pun intended, to be demanding a huge long deal; whether through his agent or not. His agent works for HIM, not the other way around.

I would be satisfied to lose him if he doesn't accept our final offer, sign Santiago and Deke as our two back up centers behind Yao, and then have Scola, Hayes and Dorsey as our three main power forwards. It would mean that at some point that Artest would play some power forward for offensive purposes, but it's not like Landry proved that he is an offensive juggernaut at the PF position, and Hayes and Dorsey can argueably be considered better defensively than he was at that position.