1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daniel Ochefu

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Normalus, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

One of the guys I've had an eye last season and he improved a lot since then, that's why I think we can steal him in drafts (he may be 1st rounder next year if he continue improving). The question is that he is Draft Eligible only in 2016 smh (according to realgm), but since he's already 21 years-old and NBA was his goal since high-school, I think he may enter this year if we promise him to draft him. He may improve much better than in Villanova.

Why we should you would ask? He is 6'11'' 245lbs big with great 7'3'' wingspan (wingspan measured in 2011 LeBron James Skills Academy, so may be even longer). He's great rim protector and defender, quick, has high BBIQ and has good court vision. This year he has improved on the other end, offensivelly - he finally has his back to the basket game balanced (already better than Dwght :grin:), still can improve, especially with McHale and Dream in our organization. In addition he improved his ft% from low .500 first two seasons to .688 this season.

If not this year, then next year for sure we should look into drafting this big. At age of 22 next year he may be a steal in 2nd round.

His major concern was that he had no go-to move, but this year I've seen him using his jump hook very well, he also strong enough to play in the post and have some great moves down there, not to mention he is a great passer while in the post.

This season per 24min: 9.2ppg, 8.4rpg, 1.4blk, 1.6ast

[youtube]3HYtnmt1BHw[/youtube]
    some dream shake
    [youtube]esAFY1iFjHM[/youtube]
    Big East semifinals (15 points, 13 rebounds, 5 blocks)
    [youtube]3zhTmiUyWXA[/youtube]

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Love how quick he is to catch and dunk the ball.

Chris Webberesque.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

First game against Lafayette on March 19, 6:50 PM ET. Would try to make a highlight of Ochebu for this game, if I get quality copy of this game.

He should dominate against Dan Trist and Seth Hinrichs since he is too big for Lafayette team to handle.

4. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

he seems a good one...but we better get a good passing PG with good entry passing and 3 ball...Bev won't cut it

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

14pts (5/5FG, 4/6FT), 9 rebounds, 2ast, 3blk in 23 minutes. No highlight since the only game copy I have is german (lol).