1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dan Patrick Show] McGrady is expected to be on soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nice Rollin, May 20, 2009.

1. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

If McGrady comes back and explores for 47 points against the Lakers on opening night, we should forgive him :D

When he did that against the Jazz in 07-08, I was SOOOO EXCITED. Someone with searching talent dig up the thread. Please.

2. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Member

Wow, that was a great interview--and McGrady actually managed to go several minutes without a single faux pas.

I actually thought the best part was when Dan Patrick asked him if he felt sorry for Blake Griffin--clearly he did. That was funny.

3. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

lolwut?

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

even though i've expressed my frustration w/ mcgrady countless times this season, a healthy and motivated tmac makes this team light years better... if he can get back on the court early in the season i'm more than willing to see how we fare before we decide to ship him off or let him go.

5. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

TMAc will never ever suit up for the Rockets again. He's the old girlfriend who used to be fine before the 3 kids and late night eating.

1 person likes this.
  6. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

That was funny, but boy does he change his mind awful lot? The next interview you ask him the same question he will probably have a different answer.

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

i dont think thats a big deal to anyone in the national media...we're the only people who really care about that

thanks to those that recapped...

1 person likes this.
  8. Chiron

Chiron Member

I would like to give mad props to Tracys new PR coach!

9. TheBigAristotle

I'll agree with others who said he sounded well-coached and definitely said a lot of the right things. That being said, if he comes into camp healthy or even by the end of the year healthy, great. If not, he becomes an expendable trading chip.

I'll respect the guy again if he actually busts it in rehab day in and day out.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Sweet, McGrady and Steve Francis will both be ready for opening day next season.

11. Obito

Obito Member

What's a steve francis :p

12. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

where is steve francis?? I remember the days where there were 10 threads a day about him now he is nowhere to be found. I haven't heard about him since he last said I'll be on the court in 2 weeks. Never did Never saw him again.

13. Depressio

Depressio Member

Hahahahahahaha.

I guess he's not allowed to be realistic.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Good interview by McGrady. I don't believe for a second that he will be ready at the beginning of the season, however.

15. cson

cson Member

This whole thing sounded like a self-serving attempt at damage control and counterintelligence.

"I love Houston."
    "Worry about Yao, not me."
    "I'm great, will work hard to get well."
    "The team loves me."
    "I am needed."

Horseballs! Hit the bricks Tracy!

16. redao

redao Member

TMAC, is always healthy, full of passion and a good leader with a great heart, in the offseason.

1 person likes this.
  17. Prince

Prince Member

even if we lose?

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He went to a few playoff games in Houston with Cat. So at least he is still supporting us! Honestly, Steve should join a Summer League team if he is serious about trying to comeback. If not, sit back and enjoy life.

19. RV6

RV6 Member

at least he didnt say this before the series, between him and ron's comments, Kobe may have gone off for 60 at least once..

20. RV6

RV6 Member

he's been saying it for over a month