1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dan Langhi = Tom Chambers.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

He does remind me a lot of Kiki Vandeweghe... he gives the Rockets an athletic scorer for either forward positions. Given that he has a lot of work to be a legitimate NBA player (like playing against NBA players (not rookies and FAs), learning to play better D, and playing the Rockets' scheme of ball). I think he can project to be a very good player, but I don't think we should judge him on his first games at the summer revue league.

------------------
    Louisville Rockets my ass

2. TraJ

TraJ Member

I believe Langhi's contract is guaranteed this year with a team option next year.

------------------

3. haven

haven Member

Langhi will probably not be the 4th option at the beginning of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if he earns that spot by the end of the year. Francis, Mobley, and Anderson all seem locks for the 1-3. Thomas, Cato, Williams, Norris, and maybe even Bullard and Collier will probably be ahead of Langhi initially. He'll have to earn his shots. Personally, i think this will happen, but it'll take time.

------------------

4. Smoke

Smoke Member

Langhi has shown some talent and may even be the steal of 2000. However, Rudy is a loyalist. Jordan might not have been a starter for Rudy in his rookie year.(exageration) Playing time will go to the players that earned it last year. If CB, T-Mass, Dream and Los had stayed healthy, KT would not have had the chance to start. Dan may see some playing time, but it will take more than his talent to become a starter on this team. Most of his time should come at the 3, behind Walt, Mobley/Shandon/Los/Bull and even KT. All of these players may not be here, but I think atleast 3-4 will. Playing time at the 4 behind Cato, KT/T-Mass/Collier/Los/Tyrone and Bull, even worse. I know we will move or loose some of these players, but any trades or FA signings won't be for back court players.
    When Dan does get on the floor, it will pose some interesting match ups. We can play a very tall frontcourt. I know it is heresy, but could Dan see some time at the 2? Dream/Cato/Los/Dan and Steve. I'd like to see it just once. Steve and the Six Elevens, sounds like a singing group from the Fifties.

------------------
    "Badges? We don't have to show you any badges. We don't need no stinkin badges!!"

5. BobbyWarren

BobbyWarren Member

That's exactly right. The same deal the Rockets gave to Mobley. I saw the same game where they were discussing Langhi's contract, and actually, I think you guys misunderstood.

When the commentators said, "Langhi is signed for one year, guaranteed..." they weren't assuming the entirety of the contract. They were simply pointing out that the main reason he's able to play his own style of basketball and relax is because unlike many of the other players in the RMR, he's not playing for a contract. He has all year to show what he can really do.

As long as Langhi doesn't pull a Cato-esque preseason (and then disappear during the regular season), we should see him around well past that first guaranteed year.

------------------

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

hmm...

white magic? no, that's schrempf...
    white chocolate? no, that's jason williams...

i have no idea

but i think his averages this season will be
    12 pts/4 rebs/1 ast/0.8 stl/0.4 bl

next season

17 pts/4.5 rebs/1.5 ast/1 stl/0.6 bl

------------------
    Get Bo!

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

He's . . . he's . . . he's like a male version of Robert Horry.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Funny Will !!

But to take your Horry comparison, I think Langhi is already better then Horry and will get better.

Horry never worked on his game, I see Langhi becoming a hit in the NBA.

DaDakota

------------------

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I like what some poster already called him,

Dan Lanky.

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

10. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Azim

I like the Wiz, but he got those points because he finally started hitting all those open shots he was getting. Put Langhi in that spot and he'll hit them too. Unlike some posters here, I don't think the Rockets have quite enough to make the playoffs this year, but could very easily make a push in two. So I say dump Wiz and his contract, give his minutes to Langhi and let him go through his learning pains now while the team can afford it. If the proposed Croshere(spelling?) deal goes down, we could end up with a lineup of Francis, Anderson, Langhi, Croshere, Cato with a bench of Norris, Cat, Collier....that can be a team to deal with for a decade. If we go with wiz another year and try to get big minutes out of Hakeem in a vain(IMO) effort to make the playoffs, we're just pushing the development of these young players back another year.

------------------
    "And On The 8th day god Created Basketball, And on the 9th He Created The Dream To Play It"

11. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes, now we all agree, get rid of Walt and Kenny Thomas [​IMG].

How about Dan the Man?

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

12. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Dan the man is so overdone.

Dan Lanky

------------------

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Damn Lanky.

Now that's the name. [​IMG]

------------------
    Just shut up and post

14. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

DaDakota, I see what your saying and I'm enjoying your enthusiasm about the guy. I admitt, I haven't seen too much of him, and I'm hoping your right. Its just that your expectations of him seem extraordinarily high, and I hope that doesn't lead to a disappointment, even if he has a decent rookie campaign.

Btw, I think Langhi needs a nickname.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    We don't live for the destination. We live for the journey.

15. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Nah, you say it like this.

pull the back of your throat down and say "go danny boy".

Now give yourself a package check.

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning? - Dubyah in Florence, SC. 01/11/2000

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

DoD, that is perfect!

HEB ... whaaat??? [​IMG]

------------------

17. RocketExpert

RocketExpert Member

Dan Langhi = Toni Kukoc

------------------

18. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Azim is talkin' sense. The RMR is not the NBA. All of us want Dan Langhi to succeed - it would be a big plus for the Rocks and a nice human interest story - player from Vandy with wife and kid stays in school to get degree, goes 31st in draft and makes it big. I am tempering my enthusiasm by recalling how impressed I was with Conner Henry. A tall (6'7" as I recall) lights out shooting guard who became a flash across the NBA night skyline. Better luck, Dan!!!

------------------
    GATER

19. RocketExpert

RocketExpert Member

Dan Langhi = Conner Henry

------------------

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Dan Langhi = TWO SAMMICHES

Cause he two sammiches from being Skinny

Rocket River
    never let a Fun nick Name goto Waste