1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dan Gilbert's Message to Cavs Fans (knocks LeBron)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HRocketsFan, Jul 8, 2010.

1. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

This was on the official Cavaliers website. Lock if already posted:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
    Majority Owner
    Cleveland Cavalier
    s

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking the site got hacked

3. MD_in_Training

Wow, that's some acid vitriol.

4. GovernorAggie

GovernorAggie Member

So who's gonna have the pics of the tags that the "We Are All Witnesses" mural in Downtown Cleveland?

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Bwahahah. BWAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHA...

wait... wait...

BWAHAHAHAHAA

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

if this is true then wow talk about throwing maturity out of the window.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Don't blame them. Cleveland fans are getting desperate, and about 90% of them are drunk right now. Very depressing day for the city.

8. DontTradeOswalt

Gilbert's an idiot, that's what happens when you don't take a meeting seriously when your star is a free agent, he should be thanking him for all the money he brought to Cleveland

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

LOL. If this is true, then I expect him to be gagging on his words pretty soon.

I especially enjoyed the part where he said "if you think we worked hard to guarantee a championship..."

Uh, nobody thought so, chubs.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Yikes, that can't be real, it must be hacked.

BTW, if real, I appreciate the determination and dedication. Being a Cleveland fan, it seems pretty far-fetched though.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I defended LeBron through much of "the process", but that "Decision" special was beyond tacky, charity or not. I wonder if that was really his idea, or if it was ESPN's.

12. ThaShark316_28

Love LeBron but this is:

[​IMG]

13. HookemHorns1250

Wow, I truly hope that site was hacked. If not, that's a complete joke. I guess he completely forgot where the team was before Lebron got there. At least he put them on the map.

Classless act from a classless Owner.

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

The Cavaliers' Twitter confirms that it is indeed real.

15. worzel gummidge

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

PDcavsinsider Anyone who knows Dan Gilbert expected nothing less regardless of how it looks. And I promise you there will be more in coming days.

17. pli777

pli777 Member

wow, that has to be fake. :eek:

18. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Wow, Cleveland is cratering faster than I thought. By morning, all that will be left of the city is a giant, smoldering hole.

19. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

It's so funny how organization's don't give sh!$ about telling players they're about to be traded and yet when the roles are reversed, they feel entitled to hear about it. What's the line you guys always tell the players? "It's just business?" Exactly.

So cry me a river Dan Gilbert and stop being a hypocrite. You had 7 years of 2nd best basketball player in the world and you still couldn't put together a half decent team around. Everyone knows it. Everyone knows that LeBron has been surrounded by garbage.

This is on you buddy.

3 people like this.
  20. devilsdandruff

unexpected from a team owner.