1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, Shandon Anderson isn't even among the top 25.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BoyhoodDream, Oct 6, 2000.

1. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

SportingNews.com is running this feature where they go over the top 25 of each position. Steve Francis was 5th in the Pg. dept. Cuttino was 20th among shooting guards. But Shandon Anderson is nowhere to be seen. My God, even Brent Barry made it over him. I always knew that Shandon never got the respect he deserve but this is just ridiculous. I'd understand that if this was a fantasy ranking but it isn't (That's not the point of the article or the expertise of Allesandro).

Hopefully, another season of starting will earn Anderson the respect.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/25-5/sg25-21.html

------------------

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That is r****ded.

------------------
    Cheerleaders are just dancers who've gone r****ded.

visit www.swirve.com

3. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

C'mon Mike D was ranked 12. Now, i have alotta respect for Mike D...but he sure as hell isn't better than mobley who was 20.. this is B.S. If mobes started, and was only complemented with the non-scoring bibby, i'm sure he could put up 20 a game..same goes for Shandon.

also,..andre miller.. #4 infront of stevie?.. what a joke.. steve can outplay andre ANY day.
    -elie17

------------------
    Oh.. so this is how you add a signature huh? coo coo.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Andre Miller? are you freakin kinding me? and Bob Sura and Tariq Abdul Wahad are better than Shandon?? what the hell , Shandon plays defense better than most 2's in teh NBA

------------------
    This signature space for rent call 555 ...

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I am guessing they will probably rank Shandon as a SF. Sure hope so.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

A common trend in sports writing these days, and rightfully so, is to go out on the limb and pick someone not everyone agrees with. This is what I see they were trying to do with Andre Miller. That stuff doesnt always work though. Miller has skills, no doubt, and is a solid PG, but I personally cant ever see him becoming anything more that what Mike Bibby is developing into = a solid PG.

As far as Shandon goes, lets hope he is considered a SF, because some of those guys in there really do suck.

------------------
    Remember.... You are not really drunk until you must hold on to the grass to keep from falling off the earth.

7. The Voice of Reason

doug cristie is the only guy i have a real problem with. shandon could be #25 in my book, but i do think they are selling cuttino a little short.

also you will notice that they gave the most weight to offence, and since anderson dosnt score he got no respect.

*peace

------------------

8. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

I think that Andre Miller is a better point guard than Steve Francis. I see this from the standpoint that Miller is the more of a purist's point guard than Francis.

Now don't mis-state me, Francis is the superior player hands down. He's not a two guard like I first thought, but he isn't quite the floor general that Miller is yet. I think he'll easily top Miller this season, and Bibby for that matter.

I admit that I am old-school when it comes to my view of a point guard, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

------------------
    "Liberalism not only legitimizes envy, jealousy, ignorance,
    and the lack of moral standards, but it also makes these
    attributes virtues." --Drake Raft

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't be too upset. Most of the pre-season mags suck big time. They also have wildly disparate views of individuals. In one of them, Mo Taylor was barely a blip on the radar among forwards, just because the sportswriter wanted to make a point of his attitude.
    I did buy one of these magazines because, even if none of the more recent off-season trades are reflected, whoever put it together had some good things to say about some of the Rox.
    "2000-01 PRO BASKETBALL." My edition is a purple background cover with, who else?, Shaq on the cover (and Iverson, Zo and KG).
    Among the guards:
    Francis ranked #5.
    Cat ranked #18.
    Forwards:
    Shandon ranked #18. He's even listed on the side of the page, rather than in order (1-100), in a larger-than-normal-profile box entitled "UNDERRATED" (right above "OVERRATED" - Jerry Stackhouse #15).
    This magazine tends to flip-flop forwards and guards too much, but I think it's a matter of fitting people in here and there.
    The magazine explains that Shandon's stock is rising, that he's good for points, boards, assists, and steals, he's great in the open court and a great complement to Steve Francis. It lists his downsides as being at best third wheel in the offense, although that's just the way it is.
    So, some people out there recognize him.

------------------

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

finalsbound
    The same Andre Miller who was booed @ the allstar game fo not dunking? Or am I thinking of somebody else...

------------------
    The best is yet to come.
    Go Rockets!

11. Steve Phrancis

Shandon will never get the respect since he just goes out and performs his job. He is focused, he is the glue to the Rockets and NEVER will get the respect that he deserves.