1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, Pacman Jones, you just a rookie...STFU!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-titansunsignedpacman&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Titans: Unsigned Pacman rips teammates
    by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Tuesday, August 9, 2005

News

Upset at comments by teammates critical of his holdout, first-round pick Adam "Pacman" Jones fired back. "My teammates, I don't think they've been as loyal s they should have been in this situation," Jones told The Tennessean. "A lot of other guys around the league are holding out and my teammates are the only ones that are saying negative stuff about me." In particular, Jones has taken umbrage to comments by Pro Bowl linebacker Keith Bulluck. "It bothers me that I am not on the field," Jones continued. "But then I have to hear Keith Bulluck talking about me… As far as my teammate and everything, that will never change. But as far as the respect level off the field and me calling him for advice, that will never happen now." Jones added that Bulluck's comments won't pressure him to sign and get into camp because "Keith has never been in the situation I am in—Keith ain't never been drafted high." Bulluck was the Titans' first-round pick in 2000, No. 30 overall. Pacman also claims that he's called Bulluck 20 times and left messages but Bulluck doesn't answer and instead returns his calls at 7 a.m. "when he knows I am not going to answer the phone." Bulluck noted that he is in camp and has limited availability to return phone calls.

Views

It might be worth noting that Jones is the only unsigned first-rounder who had not one but two run-ins with the law in the offseason, and he's still facing charges stemming from an altercation at a Nashville nightclub. The war of words between Jones and Bulluck also might have something to do with the fact that Jones was formerly represented by the same agent who represents Bulluck, but Pacman dismissed that agent and signed with a new agent shortly after the draft. Bulluck's most recent comments have been directed at the agent for holding Pacman out of camp. Meanwhile, the two sides are no closer to a deal and have not even been in contact recently, though Pacman's agent said he plans to be in Nashville later this week. For a defense that lost both its starting cornerbacks in the offseason, having their top pick at that position miss significant offseason time is hardly the ideal situation.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

:D Good luck with that one Tennessee.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he feels that teammates should not be critical of each other in situations like these, perhaps he should SIGN A CONTRACT and actually BECOME a teamate before he barks back.

4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Titans suck and they will be the Texans b****es this year.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

What were the Titans expecting with a guy who goes by "Pac-Man"?

*chuckle*

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I misread the title and thought this was about the poster Batman Jones. STFU frequently makes sense in that case also, though ;).

7. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

At least Bulluck is up at 7am starting his day and preparing for football season.

8. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I wonder what Ms. Pac Man has to say about this. :)

That guy is such a big mouth. :)

Deion had more class in his "Pinky" than this guy. :)

OK, enough bad video game references. Sorry....

9. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Is he holding out for more power pellets?

10. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I'm glad we didn't persue this guy.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Tennessee should have picked Antrel Rolle out of Miami instead. Rolle doesn't have as good of speed as Pacman, but he's got excellent size at 6'1, 200 lbs, and can be a future Pro Bowl corner.

12. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

What a clown. He's a tough player who hit hard, but is not that great a coverage guy who gambles a lot. His college teammate Chris Henry is also a major jerk.

13. drapg

drapg Member

Dammit to hell!

I know picking this moron would be stupid. I wanted Rolle SO BADLY!!!

:mad: :mad:

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Cheering for Tennessee is ghey. Get with the program and root for Houston.

15. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

As long is the titans get screwed some way, I am happy. To hell with them and Bud can kiss my ass.

16. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

As usual. Someone posts a Titans post and there is a screw the Titans and Bud can kiss my ass. Oh well. :rolleyes: Whatever... Can't wait for the two teams to match up this year.

As far as Pac Man. This thing is only getting uglier by the day. I also did not like the pick when it was made. I was hoping they picked Antrel Rolle. Oh well. This kid has not done a damn thing in the NFL other than get into trouble with the law.

The fact that he is cutting down the team leader on defense is just crazy. :mad:

I know alot of high picks have not signed yet but I think the longer this drags out the uglier it is going to get. I can not imagine the reception he is going to get when he does finally report to camp. I hope our veterans get their hands on this rookie and can knock some sense into him. He clearly needs someone to show him the way.

I know Floyd Reese is putting clear language into his contract that will protect the Titans from any future issues with the law. This is what is causing a large part of the holdup on him signing his contract. What is amazing is that this is what Pac Man brought upon himself. As if he and his agent don't already realize that. What an idiot....

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

With his off-season struggles with the law, you'd think his future teammates would be embracing him.

18. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

the fact is that the titans suck monkey balls..theres nothing you can do about it

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Funnnnnnn times ahead for the titans.

Phil Buchanon wasn't ever that bad.

off the field anyway.

:p

20. drapg

drapg Member

The "Texans" do not exist to me.