1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, Caserio.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Mattician

Mattician Member

I liked the idea of drafting Drake Maye more than CJ Stroud before this draft.

Drake Maye could be a Justin Herbert type QB. Which I think most, if not every Texans fan, would be very happy to have on this team.

But Stroud could still win me over this year. What I've seen so far from him is better than what I expected.

With a healthy offensive line we could see more of what he's capable of.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. I see you dropped "Maye had a better season". Pundits had Levis rated higher too....LOL. Is he a better Prospect (Maye)? Pundits had Zach Wilson as the 2nd best QB in his class. The only people that matter are NFL teams. Maye was not better. Last season. He has fewer TDs, more INTs, lower Y/A and a worse completion percentage against lesser competition. He did have more yards (600+). OK? LOL.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. I see you dropped "Maye had a better season". Pundits had Levis rated higher too....LOL. Is he a better Prospect (Maye)? Pundits had Zach Wilson as the 2nd best QB in his class. The only people that matter are NFL teams. Maye was not better. Last season. He has fewer TDs, more INTs, lower Y/A and a worse completion percentage against lesser competition. He did have more yards (600+). OK? LOL.

What has Herbert done in the league? He put up stats. No playoff appearances.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He is not pushing Williams with 4TDs/4INTs in his first 3 games. LOL. No one in their right mind is drafting Maye over Williams.

red5rocket likes this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Herbert is a top 5 QB in the league. Don’t be an idiot, I know it’s hard for you

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Numbers will play out. You don’t watch football so you don’t get to talk about football

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

I'm pretty sure at least half, maybe 2/3 of the league would want Herbert over their current QB.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I didn’t drop anything.
    Maye 100% had a better season than Stroud last year, that’s not even a debate.

You’re just too stupid to understand it, so you move goalposts.
    And literally every pundit had Maye and Williams as better than any QB prospect in this draft.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn’t even try with that idiot, he’s just trolling

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Stroud almost beat Georgia. Maye Lost to GEORGIA TECH and got BLASTED by Clemson, then lost to Oregon in his bowl.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Probably. Drake Maye is not Herbert...yet.

13. Qan

Qan Member

I've grown to like Stroud, and have become very positive about him...especially after seeing Young. But I would take Herbert in a second if he was available. He is definitely the 5th best QB in this league, 6th at the lowest.

I would've liked Maye or Williams next year, but what's done is done and Stroud is the QB. So far, I have not been disappointed. So until he does stuff that makes me doubt him, I'll enjoy watching him play and glad Texans have a competent QB.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Stroud LOST to Georgia

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He could be better. Stroud doesn’t have the same physical ability

16. Qan

Qan Member

Not gonna lie....Texans need an inside dlineman that can push. Caserio should've drafted Jordan last year, pissed me off when the trade happened. This year, I admit, I kinda got excited when Carter's stock dropped and thought for sure Texans can get the much needed elite edge and DT in 1 draft.

Again, Stroud has grown on me and like him so far. I would like to see him run when it's needed, I know he can a little at least. Also, throw the ball away please and not take a sack.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Stroud could be better. He doesn't have to have the same physical ability. Ask Tom Brady (no, he is not brady...yet).

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

OSU lost to Georgia. Stroud did everything he could but kick the FG.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Keep it even.
    Maye almost beat Oregon/NC St and GT if that’s your parameters

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

OSU lost to Georgia. Stroud did everything he could but kick the FG.
    you are comparing those games to Georgia in the National Semifinal? LOL. You are ****ing delusional.